Posted Date: Oct 12 2023
Lead the commercialization / launch of a vaccine brand (RSV) on a national level by developing and implementing the marketing strategy and operational marketing mix and tactics.
The role reports directly into the Vaccines BU-Head.
- LEADERSHIP: Advocate for, lead all activity and be accountable for the assigned brand. Lead the cross-functional Brand Team, consisting of office and field colleagues, by providing vision, clarity for brand success, and by embedding a winning mindset for the brand within the organization. The Leadership role extends to external customers / stakeholders at all relevant levels.
- INSIGHTS & EXPERT MARKET KNOWLEDGE: Continuously seek to understand and embed customer and market insights into all brand activities by synthesizing qualitative feedback from various sources (field visits, market research reports, customer conversations, Key Account Management feedback, etc) with quantitative feedback available through various data sources and reports. Be the product, competitor, and market expert aligned with assigned brand.
- BRAND PLANNING: Develop and implement annual strategic and operational brand plans through cross-functional collaboration and aligned with customer and market insights. Identify opportunities for business growth and competitive advantage. Ensure that a solid financial base is in place.
- OPERATIONS / EXECUTION: Deliver promotional campaigns and all marketing materials within operational excellence and in alignment with LOC and above country guidelines, the ethical code and internal ground rules of GSK. Advertising & Promotion (A&P) budgets are actively managed in close collaboration with the Finance Partner and BU-Head;
- FIELD ENGAGEMENT: Liaise very closely with sales team to receive market and customer feedback, embed campaigns, and to provide brand vision and leadership. Ensure full understanding of the rationale and insights that underpin campaigns, messages, and marketing actions, and how field input was used in material development.
- DRIVE PERFORMANCE: Drive Brand Performance through the cross-functional team with ADP tools (comm. cells, course corrections, target stretch workshops, performance dashboards) to maximize brand potential; deliver versus the agreed targets, actively pursue opportunities, minimise risk and ensure that course corrections are in place;
- FORECASTING: Manage product supply chain through the Core Commercial Cycle, adjusting as required based on market intelligence and with local insights to forecast accurate production targets;
- EXTERNAL ENGAGEMENTS: continuously gather customer insights and seek the feedback on marketing inputs and campaigns from External Experts, HCPs, scientists, Members of Medical associations & Pharmacist.
- University degree in Marketing, Communications, Economics, Biology, Pharmacy, Medicine or other relevant specialty.
- Fluent NL/EN required.
- Marketing, Digital Communications experience.
- Strong communication and engagement skills.
- Experience with brand planning processes and translating strategy into execution.
- Experience using multiple channels of marketing mix & evidence of successful implementations through digital channels.
- Experience in / affinity with medical prevention / vaccine market.
- Prior pharmaceutical marketing/sales/medical experience preferred – 5 to 7 years minimum
- Experience with launching product(s).
- Ability to lead cross-functional matrix working.
- Happy to challenge others and accepts to be challenged him/herself.
- Ability to engage with opinion leaders and understand the stakeholder perspective.
- Flexible thinking and ability to continuously innovate and learn.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.