Site Engagement Liaison
Title - Site Engagement Liaison
Location - homebased ( the Netherlands )
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organization's.
With our patients at the center of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
- The Site Engagement Liaison is the main point of contact for investigative sites as well as accountable for safeguarding the quality and patient safety at the investigator site. This role is responsible for site monitoring and oversight and building and retaining relationships from site activation through the lifecycle of studies. As part of the oversight responsibilities, this role will utilize and interpret data from analytic tools, in conjunction with country and regional intelligence to proactively identify risks to quality and compliance and to develop and implement mitigation plans to address these risks. This role is also accountable for identifying CRA performance issues and is responsible for ensuring appropriate corrective and preventative actions are put in place. The Site Engagement Liaison is the face of our client and therefore accountable for ensuring that sites receive necessary support and engagement, issues are resolved, and our clients reputation is that of “Partner of Choice.” The Site Engagement Liaison proactively collaborates and provides local intelligence to country outreach surveys, targeted sites strategies, study design, and pipeline opportunities. This role is accountable for study start up, activation, and execution to the plan for targeted sites. In addition to being the main point of contact, the lead will help coordinate with other roles and functions that will interface with target sites, thereby, simplifying site communications and enhancing overall visibility into and confidence of quality of site-level activities.
Training and Education
A scientific or technical degree in the healthcare area is preferred along with extensive knowledge of clinical trial methodology. In general, candidates for this job would hold the following levels of education/experience:
• BS/BSc/MS/MSc or equivalent + 5 years of clinical research experience and/or quality management experience.
• Skills in more than one language are an advantage in this role. English is required
• Demonstrated ability to oversee a 3rd party and/or demonstrated ability in Quality Assurance (preferred)
- Site Management/Monitoring (CRA) experience (preferred)
- Project management experience preferred in the clinical development area
• Ability to lead, troubleshoot and influence for delivery
• Independent approach
• Experience implementing centrally designed and developed initiatives on a local basis
What ICON can offer you:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a diverse culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
In addition to your competitive salary, ICON offers a range of additional benefits. Our benefits are designed to be competitive within each country and are focused on well-being and work life balance opportunities for you and your family.
Our benefits examples include:
- Various annual leave entitlements
- A range of health insurance offerings to suit you and your family’s needs
- Competitive retirement planning offerings to maximise savings and plan with confidence for the years ahead
- Global Employee Assistance Programme, TELUS Health, offering 24-hour access to a global network of over 80,000 independent specialised professionals who are there to support you and your family’s well-being
- Life assurance
- Flexible country-specific optional benefits, including childcare vouchers, bike purchase schemes, discounted gym memberships, subsidised travel passes, health assessments, among others
Visit our careers website to read more about the benefits of working at ICON: https://careers.iconplc.com/benefits
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know or submit a request here .
Interested in the role, but unsure if you meet all of the requirements? We would encourage you to apply regardless – there’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for here at ICON whether it is for this or other roles.