Within Integrated Data Analytics & Reporting (IDAR), the Regulatory Medical Writing team are recruiting for an experienced people leader at the Associate Director level to support our Immunology therapeutic area. This position is open globally and may be located in North America (eg, Spring House, PA, Raritan, NJ, Titusville, NJ, or Canada), Europe (eg, United Kingdom, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Bulgaria or Switzerland), or other countries. Are you ready to join our team? Then please read further!
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time.
Janssen Research & Development discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, pulmonary hypertension, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Key Responsibilities :
- Prepare and finalize all types of clinical documents, taking a proactive or lead role in terms of content and scientific strategy. Work with a high level of independence and take a lead role on assigned projects with respect to timing, scheduling, and tracking.
- Able to lead program-level/submission/indication writing teams independently.
- Directly lead or set objectives for others on team projects and tasks.
- Guide or train cross‐functional team members on processes, best practices; coach or mentor junior writers.
- Proactively identify and champion Medical Writing process improvements.
- Able to develop and present best practices to external audiences.
- Able to lead cross‐functional/cross‐TA, cross‐J&J process improvement initiatives, or other process working group.
- If a lead writer for a program: Primary point of contact and champion for medical writing activities for the clinical team. Responsible for planning and leading the writing group for assigned program
- Able to represent the Medical Writing department with decision-making authority in R&D business organization with guidance from Therapeutic Area Head or Functional Area Head.
- Lead discussions in Medical Writing and cross‐functional meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain and disseminate knowledge of industry, company, and regulatory guidelines.
- Interact with senior cross‐functional colleagues and external partners to strengthen coordination between departments.
- Able to represent Medical Writing in industry standards working groups.
As a people manager:
- Manage direct reports in Medical Writing. Set objectives for individual team members. Regularly meet with direct reports to ensure appropriate development, projects, assignments, and issues are resolved.
- Able to make decision on hiring staff, onboarding new staff, conducting career and talent development discussions for staff, lead in goal‐setting and performance discussions.
- University/college degree required. Masters or PhD preferred.
- At least 12 years of relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience is required.
- At least 10 years of relevant medical writing experience is required.
- At least 2 years of people management experience.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive authoring experience with investigator brochures, clinical study protocols, clinical study reports, and common technical document summaries is required.
- Expert project management skills, expert project/process improvement leadership is required.
- Expert leadership skills (influencing, negotiating, assertiveness, taking initiative, conflict management, change management). Strong people management skills is required.
- Must have the ability to delegate responsibility to junior writers.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and develop effective partnerships with key business partners and customers is required.
- Ability to recognize how to best interpret, summarize, and present statistical and medical information to ensure quality and accuracy of content in complex document types independently is required.
- This position will require up to 10% travel.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The anticipated base pay range for this position in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA is $150,300 to $259,210.
The anticipated base pay range for this position in all other U.S. locations is $131,000 to $225,400.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
- Vacation - up to 120 hours per calendar year
- Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington - up to 56 hours per calendar year
- Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays - up to 13 days per calendar year
- Work, Personal and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
* The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.