At Johnson & Johnson we are dedicated to address and solve the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including oncology, immunology, neuroscience. Driven by our dedication to patients, we develop balanced, coordinated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare partners, based on partnerships of trust and clarity.
In our organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team, we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen.
For our department we are currently seeking for a fulltime
Functional Home (FH) Lead
Title : FH Lead (PG24)
Department: Site operations
- Reporting line: Site Head
- Direct reports: 2 Sr. Management Assistants
The FH Lead is responsible for providing support to select senior leaders as well as coordinating activities across the team – all with the aim of ensuring continuity of organizational support to the highest standard for a wide variety of administrative processes facilitating the work of the JVP R&D site in Leiden. This work consists of secretarial support for some site-based functions, employee on- & off-boarding, expense reporting, travel and event arrangement, meeting support, mobile phone contract management and any other assigned administrative related work. The FH Lead has people management responsibilities which include hiring and training, planning, and assigning (daily) work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
Coordination of Functional Home (FH) related activities:
- Lead smooth execution and availability of administrative processes like meetings, agenda management, travel- & event support, document handling, project planning & support, on- & offboarding and general site support.
- Support the Employer administratively in the site Works council, internal- and external audits and other important business meetings as required
- Initiate & follow-up on purchase order to enable supply of job-related services & supplies
- Align the FH departmental services & activities with the overall site strategy
- Represent the department in projects and critical issues towards internal and external customers.
- Ensure environmental, health and safety within the operational areas of the department
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert with regard to the job-related administrative processes
- Act as a guardian and role model with regards to company culture and behavior
- Lead the team of Management Assistants to ensure defined output is achieved on time, with the appropriate level of quality.
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices, ethics and safety conscious behavior.
- Manage the full P&D cycle including the setting of objectives, and for periodic job performance discussions, as well as the mid-year review and yearly appraisal. Adjust and or correct as required to ensure performance and behavior meet expectations.
- Support the FH team in having the necessary knowledge and experience to perform their duties through training and coaching.
Projects & Improvement:
- Continuously improve FH processes and recommend measures to improve quality of services, increase efficiency of the department and its members
- Build and maintain an internal network in the FH area with a view to leveraging new insights, tools, learnings, and opportunities to improve quality of services.
- Confers with other departments to coordinate activities of individual departments and serving internal customers.
Compliance & Safety:
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforcing E.H.S regulation
- Ensure compliance with GXP & HCC/HCP procedures and practices
The position reports to the Site Head.
The position requires independent decision making as well as guiding decision-making processes in collaboration with senior management. The FH Lead acts as escalation point regarding FH related processes and services.
Jobholder is point of contact for senior management, global JNJ community and all other departments on site eg. Operational teams, IT, Facilities, EHS, QA and Finance.
Specific professional/technical requirements:
- Education: HBO/ Professional University (or willing to obtain)
- Work experience:
- at least 7 years of working experience within office management or management assistance
- at least 2-year experience with GMP and HCC/HCP
- advanced knowledge of applicable IT systems (such as MS Office applications).
- Languages: Strong communication skills in Dutch (C2) and English (C1) both verbal as well as written
- Highly professional behavior including discretion, accuracy, and customer focus
- Role model on site regarding Credo values, working culture and cross functional collaboration
- Other skills:
- previous people management experience is considered a strong pre
- remains calm under pressure
- proactive and collaborative
We offer an interesting position, which allows you to work on different types of interesting topics, supporting our programs in various stages of development. Within Johnson & Johnson, you will work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.