About the Johnson & Johnson Vision:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Groningen are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential, no matter who they are.
Diversity, equity & inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
This R&D Process Manager role is based in Groningen, The Netherlands which is a significant Research, Development and Production facility of Johnson & Johnson MedTech. The site produces a range of Intraocular Lens (IOL) medical devices of difference classes and holds a strong position with a large portion of the global market. At Johnson & Johnson, we pride ourselves in having strong talent at the core of our success and growth that provides groundbreaking new products.
The role of the R&D Process Manager is to provide leadership and identify current and future capability requirements (people and equipment) to ensure people and resources are managed and allocated effectively to ensure company R&D projects and programs objectives are met.
Additionally, there are significant personal development, project delivery and scientific capability components.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Leads, organizes, and builds the functional area.
- Manages and motivates own team, which includes performance management, coaching, development, resource planning and recruitment.
- Formulates plans, goals, and budget for own functional area, and implements these after approval.
- Aligns and coordinates plans, budget and resources with other functional areas and departments.
- Analyzes business processes and procedures with focus on own functional area and initiates new ways to optimize business processes in cooperation with other departments and teams.
- Defines and improves policies, processes, procedures, and tools, and manages and controls the implementation and alignment in daily practice.
- Leads multidisciplinary projects or complex projects within own discipline with significant business impact.
- Works collaboratively providing technical leadership to multi-disciplined, cross functional project teams developing new and innovative implant products with significant business impact.
- Responsible for planning and execution of engineering design qualification testing.
- Works collaboratively with project team members to develop and manage project plans.
- Contributes to project strategy.
- Identifies and resolves issues and communicates status to peers and managers.
- Is internally recognized as an expert and serves as a SME for >2 subjects.
- Demonstrates advanced engineering skills. Initiates, develops, and implements new concepts, processes, methods, and systems.
- Builds and maintains internal relationships with other departments, international sites, and regulatory agencies.
- Performs mentor role for others.
- Demonstrates a high level of work ethic, and dedication to team/project goals.
- Contributes significantly to product requirements.
- Contributes significantly to product design both independently and as part of a team.
- Builds, generates, maintains, and applies knowledge, keeps up with developments within AMO, market and literature, regulations, and standards.
- Keeps up with relevant engineering methods, tools and technologies in the market and develops, improves, validates, and implements new and existing methods, tools, technologies, procedures, and protocols.
Education and Experience Required for Role:
Master’s degree with specialist experience (5-7 years) in engineering, optics or physics, PhD or equivalent knowledge required.
- ISO 13485 and ISO 14971
- Design Control
- Strong technical background, with the experience and motivation to apply problem-solving skills on complex technical challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- · Provides others with clear direction and leadership; motivates and empowers others; recruits staff of a high caliber; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching; sets appropriate standards of behavior.