Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., is recruiting for a Senior Director, Cell Therapy Automation Platform & Technology. This position will can be located at one of our sites in NJ, PA, Belgium, or the Netherlands.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
This role will manage the engineering development and implementation of the next generation of cell therapy production and analytics using robotics and automation. A truly innovative project that will transform cell therapy production within Johnson & Johnson working with key partners both internally and externally to be successful.
The Senior Director, Cell Therapy Automation Platform and Technology will support cell therapy products. The Senior Director reports to the Head of Cell & Gene Therapy within Janssen R&D.
· Leads the engineering oversight for the global automation and robotics development for cell therapy production including data management
· Leads the R&D efforts for life cycle management robotic & automation improvements for cell therapy
· Leads engineering and process expertise to support tech transfers to ensure robotic & automation processes are successfully scaled-up.
· Maintains oversight, ensure timely resolution & appropriate stakeholder management, of critical investigations in close collaboration with QA.
· In collaboration with internal stakeholders define future process & equipment platforms, and their consistent deployment in the pilot and commercial network.
· Partner effectively with stakeholders & partners
· Drive initiatives to increase speed and flexibility
· Initiate and lead the initiatives to acquire and develop the competencies and talent pool in the organization.
· Create engagement and a culture of collaboration, flexibility, and competitiveness by increasing business acumen, industry knowledge and skills
- Advanced degree (PhD or MS with relevant years of experience) in Biomedical Engineering or equivalent degree is preferred.
- 10-15 years in automation or robotics experience with a minimum 2 years biopharmaceutical experience minimum is required
- Experience with pharmaceutical cGMPs required.
- Experience with cell therapy development and/or manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Experience in project management or process development is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and manage complexity is required.
- Proficient in written and spoken English, the use of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), and relevant engineering software
- This full-time position can be located in NJ, PA, Belgium, or the Netherlands and will require up to 20% domestic/international travel.
The anticipated pay range for this role in the U.S. is $163,000 to $282,900.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
· Vacation - up to 120 hours per calendar year
· Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington - up to 56 hours per calendar year
· Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays - up to 13 days per calendar year
· Work, Personal and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.