JnJ Surgical Vision is focused on providing the full range of advanced optical technologies and support to help eye care professionals deliver optimal vision and lifestyle experiences to patients of all ages.
AMO Groningen BV is specialized in the development, improvement and manufacturing of state of the art surgical ophthalmic products, mainly intra-ocular lenses. The facility consists of small and integrated Research, Development and Manufacturing teams that have strong track records. The team is expanding and we are currently looking for a talent for the position of:
The Optical Scientist is a key addition to IOL optics and vision science team located in The Netherlands, Europe. He/She will be responsible for R&D activities related to the design and development of intraocular lenses and will support the development of new optical metrology for testing intraocular lenses. Key tasks and responsibilities are:
· Participate in the development of new concepts for unique medical devices from ideation to market phase
· Support and participate in design and development of new intraocular lenses and new optical metrology for testing intraocular lenses.
· Develop test methods and validation systems to characterize new and existing intraocular lenses.
· Support requirements development, documentation of design, writing and execution of protocols and reports.
· Stay current with the status of competitive products, with cutting-edge medical device industry and with technology trends to ensure innovative product design. Investigate and evaluate existing technologies.
· You will contribute to multi-disciplinary research teams and will be responsible for conducting independent research tasks with European research institutes.
· Work closely within a cross-functional team, with senior research staff, and also with research institutes and R&D groups in USA.
· BS/MS/PhD in optics, physics or vision science
· Preferably 3 or more years of relevant experience
· Proficient in optical design principles, using Zemax, OSLO or other design tools to design and simulate optical systems
· Demonstrated research experience and interest in technology development
· Strong problem solving skills
· Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
· Self-motivated, creative, flexible, positive attitude individual with the initiative and drive for timely completion of goals
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
We offer a full-time job in a dynamic environment, with a lot of opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer professional expatriate, removal and relocating services. Compensation & Benefits are on bench-mark level and a framework for further growth and development is well established.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please contact Mrs. Carmen Canovas, Director R&D, tel. + 31 50 5296611 or email CCanovas@its.jnj.com