Are you MLO or HLO graduate? Do you have demonstrable experience and affinity with analysis methodology in combination with laboratory instruments?
As part of the One JSC Lab situated at the Janssen Biologics Manufacturing site in Leiden, the Chemical, Physical & Raw Material test team is responsible for execution of all analytical test methods using various (compendial) techniques, for products ranging from early clinical up to commercial process control, release and stability.
The analyses performed within the team are, but are not limited to: spectrophotometry, osmolality, conductivity, glidability, nephelometry, turbidity, pH, appearance, identity testing (final product and gas), total organic carbon, water content, volume, container integrity (blue dye ingress and vacuum decay) and particles (foreign, translucent, subvisible).
For the Chemical, Physical & Raw Material team we are looking for an enthusiastic Technician.
As a Technician you are responsible for:
• Training on and understanding basic testing and laboratory practices
• Provides support to the laboratory by performing operational tasks such as equipment maintenance and calibration, preparation of samples and reagents, document management, etc.
• Generates results, analyses data, and reviews data generated by peers
• Delivers on test activities in line with the schedule and lab priorities with a good record of right the first-time testing
• Learns about and adheres to safety & compliance best practices
• Learns about working in a GMP / GLP environment and performs work according to these standards
• Displays knowledge of products manufactured at specific location
• Displays knowledge of analytical test methods related to the product quality performed within the department
• Continuously improves capabilities and expands responsibilities within the lab
Qualifications and Competences:
• Degree in Life Sciences, analytical chemistry, bio chemistry, or comparable
• Written and oral communication skills in English. Dutch is desirable.
• Analytical thinking and (technical) problem solving.
• Pro-active, able to work independently as well as in a team, flexible, organized.