At Julius Clinical, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of clinical research, working closely with biopharmaceutical companies to develop clinical trials that can make a real difference to people’s lives around the world. Our client base spans from biotech start-ups to large pharma companies, and our studies cover a wide range of therapeutic areas, including CNS and infectious diseases.
Associate Project Director
We are seeking a proactive and entrepreneurial Associate Project Director with strong communication skills and full-service clinical trial experience. In this role, you will play a crucial part in overseeing and managing clinical research projects to meet customer expectations, adhere to ICH-GCP compliance, and stay within budget. Your work will directly impact the success of cutting-edge clinical studies conducted by Julius Clinical. You will report to the Director Project Management.
As an Associate Project Director at Julius Clinical, your role involves a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities. You’ll work at the intersection of academic research and clinical trials for biopharmaceutical companies. You’ll play a pivotal role in securing new business and overseeing the successful delivery of these projects. Your responsibilities will include:
- Client Satisfaction Management: Building and nurturing client relationships to ensure high levels of satisfaction, both internally and externally.
- Performance Monitoring: Continuously monitoring project (financial-) metrics, quality, timelines and team performance, identifying areas for improvement, and effectively managing change initiatives in collaboration with the team.
- Risk Management: Identifying and escalating project risks and, in collaboration with key team members, developing and executing plans to mitigate these risks.
- Supporting Project Managers: Providing support to Project Managers to ensure project quality as defined in the project plan, both internally with the project team and externally with the sponsor.
- Reporting: Keeping stakeholders informed by reporting project progress to the sponsor, the next level internally, and the study’s Steering Committee (if applicable).
- Effective Communication: Ensuring prompt and clear information dissemination to all members of the project team and the sponsor regarding study activities, enabling quick and appropriate decisions on trial organization and implementation.
- Stay Informed: Staying abreast of the latest developments in clinical study management, project management, drug development, and contributing to advances in the field where possible.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Academic level of education in biomedical sciences.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in life sciences, including 3 years in a (senior) project management position in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- At least 3 years of CRO experience.
- Experience in managing multinational clinical trials.
- Experience with the development of clinical protocols, policies, and SOPs.
- Proficiency in working with complex design issues (e.g., multiple arms, crossover, double-blind, and multi-center) in all phases of pre-approval clinical trials.
- Experience with budget planning and expenditure management.
- Excellent knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and regulatory requirements.
Join our open, innovative, and dynamic work culture where you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues. Enjoy excellent working conditions and the freedom to be creative, take initiative, and directly influence our work processes. We encourage personal growth and offer opportunities to further development. Our beautiful historic building is located near Slot Zeist, with easy access to public transportation. You’ll have the flexibility to combine working from the office with working from home.
If you are excited about this opportunity, please send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us in making a meaningful impact in the world of clinical trials.
If you have any further questions, please contact Merel Schoonmade, Chief People Officer (+31 6 282 56723) or Jochem Hogenhuis, Director Project Management (+31 6 21996762).