Senior Hardware Engineer
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
eyrise B.V. develops, manufactures, and sells dynamic glazing solutions based on Liquid Crystal (LC) glazing. LC glazing can change its transmission with the switch of a button, providing control over light and heat entering a building and bringing comfort and privacy to the users. Our switchable materials are the core of these switchable windows. eyrise B.V. provides dynamic glazing solutions to key users for applications in architecture.
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our Electronics team in The Netherlands.
The Electronics team develops the hardware and software that drive the eyrise® switchable glazing, facilitate an advanced user experience and allow integration into building management systems. As a Senior Hardware Engineer you will have a leading role in the development and implementation of eyrise® products, like drivers, sensors and measurement equipment. You will provide solutions aligned with customers and market expectations. You will be part of the Technology Development organization of eyrise® and work closely together with Marketing & Sales, Supply Chain Management and external suppliers.
Your activities and responsibilities include:
- Act as competence owner for electronics within eyrise®
- Development and implementation of hardware and (embedded) software solutions, in particular PCBA design and bare metal programming for newly developed eyrise® hardware
- Electrical characterization of dynamic glazing products
- Hardware selection, assembly and configuration of prototypes
- Participate in the definition of user requirements and technical requirements
- Maintain documentation for technical design and code
- Define and implement code standards and quality assurance
- Transfer know-how to other departments including training of 1st level support
- Provide second level support for customer facing requests
- Support certification and deployment of the new products
- Stakeholder management within multidisciplinary project teams
- Technical interaction with external suppliers, from specification setting to acceptance tests
Who you are
You have a technical background (BSc or MSc) in electrical engineering or a related field. You are hands-on and have experience in both hardware and embedded software development. Furthermore, your skills and experience include:
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant function
- Experience with analog electronics
- Experience in embedded systems
- Experience in programming microcontrollers (cortex m0, m3, m4)
- Experience as a product owner in a relevant technical field is highly valuable
- Experience in programming in C, C++ and Python is highly valuable
- Experience with building management systems, smart home installations or building automation protocols is of added value
- Experience with the use of Jira, GIT and/or doxygen is of added value
- Fluent in English
- Supportive attitude towards the team and partners
- A flexible, pragmatic and curious mind-set
- Good communication skills and the ability to discuss technical topics with other departments and external partners
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!