Associate Director Supply Chain Planning
Do you want to lead the Supply Chain Planning team and do you want to be the main point of contact for the planning and supply chain relationships with internal and external customers? Do you want to collaborate on continuous improvement activities and do you have the ambition to become the next Director Supply Chain Management? We are looking for you.
For our Biotech organization in Oss we are currently hiring a:
Associate Director Supply Chain Planning
Purpose of the role
As a Associate Director Supply Chain Planning you will lead the functional group Supply Chain Planning and you will be responsible for developing production plans aligned with customer demand on mid and long-term (Forecast and LROP driven), availability of materials, inventory control, reporting and distribution. You will be the main point of contact for the planning and supply chain relationships with internal and external customers, from demand/ order placement through to distribution and you will collaborate on continuous improvement activities.
You will report into the Director Supply Chain Management of Biotech Oss and you will act as a back-up for this person in both global planning activities and management activities.
Welcome in our team
At Biotech Oss, the Center of Excellence (CoE) Supply Chain Management (SCM) is responsible for Supply Chain Planning, Warehousing including Weighing & Dispensing of raw materials, Distribution & 3PL Management and SAP at site. The CoE consists of 3 teams supported by our company’s Production System Lead, an EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) Compliance officer and a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) Compliance officer.
- People management including coaching and development of Planning staff. Support other planning functions on site by advice, training and planning skill development;
- Mid to long term Demand/ Supply plan and 12 months production plan aligned with IPT’s (Integrated Process Teams), Technical Operations, Maintenance, Quality, including availability of materials, scenario planning and contributing to financial forecasting and budget process;
- 3PL management and distribution planning;
- Develop and report supply chain metrics for local and global reporting and creating visual information;
- Improve supply chain business processes in-line with global supply chain view, LSS principles, EHS and Quality compliance (GMP, GDP) and provide supply chain expertise in LSS/Production Systems projects;
- Implement and execute Planning processes according to the Global Operating Model using RapidResponse and SAP (ECC and APO);
- Represent the site in Sales & Operations Planning meetings with internal company’s E2E hub and prepare and lead site Sales & Operations Planning process;
- Be the primary person representing the site in regular interactions between the site and external customer. Lead the site Contract Manufacturing Organization team, ensuring compliant on-time supply of product to the customer;
- Participate in global supply chain teams and translate and implement strategic initiatives regarding supply chain management into the local Biotech organization;
- As the planning sensei for the Biotech location in Oss, be the driving force in improving the Planning process and the recognized leader in the site for supply chain processes, (planning) systems and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualification;
- At least 8 years of experience in supply chain, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry;
- Strong people management skills;
- Good understanding of Improvement concepts like Lean and Six Sigma, willing to certify for or possessing (as a minimum) Green Belt degree;
- Deep understanding of ERP, Demand planning and Advanced Planning systems, preferably with SAP;
- Customer focused, process oriented and data driven and the ability to manage change;
- Able to switch between various levels in the organization and work on both tactical and strategic items;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both Dutch and English.
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end bonus;
- 35,5 days of leave;
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates;
- Solid Pension Plan;
- Incentive Plan (bonus);
- Commuting allowance;
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.
Who we are…
For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
Please send your questions including requisition number and job title to the following e-mail address: RecruitmentNL@MSD.com
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Requisition ID: R244452