Communications Lead Benelux & Nordics
We are looking for a strategic thinker who knows how to tell a compelling story, build strong (international) relationships, and manage potential crises. You're comfortable as a company spokesperson and have a keen interest in veterinary health, food production, and the pharma industry.
For our Animal Health organization, we are currently recruiting a Communications Lead Benelux & Nordics
Welcome to our team
Our Global Communications organization leads the development and implementation of our internal and external communications strategies and programs in support of our Animal Health business for pharmaceuticals, vaccines and technology solutions across all relevant species, across the globe. This department oversees internal and external communications, ensuring consistent messaging and brand representation across diverse markets. Key responsibilities include managing internal and external communication strategies, supporting crisis management/communication when necessary and collaborating for input for social media content. To enhance and strengthen our communications strategy in the EURAM (Europe, Africa, Middle East) region, we are currently establishing a new team comprised of market-based communications professionals.
Purpose of the role
Reporting into the EURAM Communications Lead, your primary mission will be to develop and execute meaningful internal and external communication strategies that maximize brand awareness and support our core business priorities in the Benelux and Nordics regions. As our company’s spokesperson and as part of our cluster’s leadership teams, you will have the unique opportunity to not just enhance our company's reputation, but also help us advance the field of animal health. This role requires close collaboration with other cluster Communication Leads in the EURAM region, and (Site) Leaders in Commercial, Marketing, Policy, HR, R&D and Finance in the Benelux and Nordics regions.
This role can be based in Boxmeer (NL), Copenhagen (DK), Oslo (N), Stockholm (S) or Espoo (F).
Tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing integrated communication strategies and materials for local and regional use.
- Providing direct support and counsel to the General Managers of the Benelux and Nordics clusters and other leaders.
- Representing the company in the media and at key industry events.
- Managing our local social media accounts and traditional media relations.
- Maximizing brand visibility and reputation in the Benelux and Nordics market.
- Ensuring compliance with standard global communications practices.
- Collaborating cross-functionally for impactful communication across all channels.
- Making data-guided improvements based on communication metrics.
- Managing multiple PR agencies and product budgets.
- Degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
- Vast and relevant experience in corporate communications in a pharmaceutical company, gaining experience in coaching enterprise leaders and working in international teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage external issues effectively in national media and digital space.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Living close to one of the animal health locations mentioned above, (this role is predominantly office-based, full time with occasional travel required for (stakeholder) meetings).
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits depend on the job location but are in any case very competitive.
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Requisition ID: R279799