Key Accountmanager Foodindustry
You love to work almost completely remote and travel a lot to our (potential) customers to talk about our services regarding DNA TraceBack®, then we are looking for you. For the regions Benelux and Nordics, we are looking for a (Junior) Key Account Manager that can work from home. Travel time can go up to 50%.
We are looking for you in the regions Belgium, Norway, Denmark, Sweden or Netherlands.
Welcome in our team:
We are building our team and have recently divided the responsibilities and regions. We are part of our company division Animal Health. Within the EURAM team there are 2 Senior Key Account Managers. One responsible for DACH and Southeast and the other for Northwest . You will be reporting into the Senior Key Account Manager responsible for the Northwest .
About the role:
The DNA TraceBack® Key Account Manager works under the supervision of a senior account manager and is responsible for ensuring good relationships and high level of service with existing and potential new customers to reinforce our business development and increase our footprint.
- Act as the first point of contact with existing customers
- Build strong client relationships, through regular communication.
- Gather information on assigned clients (e.g., company size, needs and pricing plans)
- Provide after-sales support to retain customers.
- Ensure prompt and accurate answers to clients’ queries.
- Report on the status of accounts and sales KPI.
- Coordinate with Account Executives and Account Managers to create customized sales plans for key clients.
- With the help of the Business operation team, co-design the customer programs (content, consistency, pricing suiting with mandatory GM)
- Ensure the effectiveness and the timeline respects of initiatives to perform and deliver the objectives.
- Following the strategy, develop the appropriate actions for each target, working in concert with our internal teams (local, global, marketing)
- Conducting research to identify new sales leads.
- Participate to events and fair trades to increase the prospect pipeline, reinforce the network and share the DNA TraceBack® advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Food Technology, Animal Science, or related discipline.
- Understanding of sales principles and ability to deliver excellent customer experience.
- Communication, Ability to effectively interact and communicate internally and externally, with high level key stakeholders as much as with very operational people.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Collaboration, Commercial awareness, customer centric skills
- Project Management, Strong organizational, coordination and time management skills
- Experience in operational and technical area of meat processing
- Problem-solving: brainstorm tactics and strategy to navigate through issues and solve them.
- Understanding of food supply chains, particularly within the retail, animal protein and food service sectors
- Fluent English
- Preferred Competencies: technology solutions experience, innovation & creativity, speaking other EURAM language (Dutch, French, Nordics) is desirable.
What we offer in the Netherlands
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic, and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end allowance.
- 35,5 days of leave;
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates.
- Solid Pension Plan;
- Annual bonus based on own and company performance.
- Travel allowance
- Numerous training, coaching, and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development
Our company division Animal Health core activity used to be in bio pharmaceuticals including veterinary medicines and vaccines. In the last five years, we made several significant investments in technology and data solutions that includes identification, traceability and monitoring products and which can be applied to all major production livestock and seafood. When it comes to animal protein production, thanks to advanced technological solutions, animal protein producing animals can be identified, their DNA individually profiled and monitored during their live; so, we know and measure their welfare, environmental impact, health management, productivity, and other relevant aspects. Furthermore, thanks to DNA profiling, the meat coming from these animals can be traced through processing and it can be matched up and down in the food chain from point of sales to farm and vice versa, providing key ‘proof points’ for consumers.
Our mission is a commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, which guides our work.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Requisition ID: R271984