Senior Biotechnical Production Specialist
Do you want to be part of a department responsible making impactful improvements within a production facility at the world’s largest Animal Health Campus? Did you always want to work in a company where your work can have a real impact on people’s lives? Are you ready to Invent, Impact, Inspire? We would like to meet you!
We have an exciting new job opportunity at our location in Boxmeer and are looking to hire a
Senior Biotechnical Production Specialist
Purpose of the role
In this role you play a key role in ensuring that our antigen vaccines are manufactured in a safe, robust, cost effective and compliant manner in line with GMP guidelines and procedures.
Welcome in our team
The production facilities in Boxmeer are part of our global animal health production network and manufacture and package animal health products.
The Business Unit Antigen comprises of 3 production departments and 2 support teams; Maintenance & Reliability and Improvement. Within the department, the Improvement Team (14 people) is engaged in the proactive and reactive improvement of the production processes, new product introductions (transfers) and capital projects.
· Project management role: Lead business unit-/site-wide projects/transfers, take Site Transfer Coordinator role for Complex multiple new product transfers and techniques (R&D to site or Site to Site).
· Act as Subject Matter Expert on product quality related issues and advise the Qualified Person on product quality impact due to changes/deviations in production processes.
· Act as lead in cross functional investigations, with a site wide scope.
· Initiate and develop proposals / business cases for projects including deliverables and planning for the development and implementation of proposed improvements, in consultation with business unit staff, Quality and external parties.
· Evaluate consequences of external guidelines, as well as initiate and develop policies and procedures.
· Assess (incidental) deviations from approved policies and procedures and approve GMP related documents.
· Support the business unit regarding GMP inspections and Annex 1 improvements.
· Monitor and analyze data (e.g. system and batch data, annual reviews, performance indicators), write or review data evaluation reports.
· Possible role: SSO (Sub System Owner) of one or more of the Quality/Safety Systems.
· Coach/Mentor for junior production specialist.
This role collaborates closely with R&D, Quality, Regulatory Affairs and Bioprocess Technical Solutions.
· Preferably academic degree in life sciences/process
· At least 3 – 5 years relevant experience in a biotechnical production organization
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
· Data driven, knowledge of GMP requirements and excellent project management skills
· Excellent command of the Dutch and English language
· Living at a reasonable distance of Boxmeer
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
· Competitive salary and a 3% year-end allowance;
· 35,5 days of leave;
· Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates;
· Solid Pension Plan;
· Annual bonus based on own and company performance
· Travel allowance for commuting
· Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our
planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Requisition ID: R272003