Senior Financial Analyst
Are you a skilled financial analyst seeking a new challenge? Join a dynamic team at one of the largest pharma companies in the Netherlands! We're hiring a Senior Financial Analyst for our COSI Human Health team in Haarlem. Make a real impact on people's lives and work in a dynamic high-tech environment.
Welcome in our team
Our Finance team leverages sophisticated financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting, and performance evaluation techniques to propel medical innovation and enhance people's lives. As part of this role, you'll manage, review, report, and analyze inventory, production, and product cost data, and support monthly accounting close and management cycles for multiple branches across the world in the Cost of Sales & Inventory (COSI) matrix organization.
Next to these core activities you will be also involved in the annual budget cycle of the company where you will be working side by side with your stakeholders in determining manufacturing cost and inventory valuation based on our supply chains. As we are a global finance team. There will also be plenty of opportunity to be involved in company wide projects, where our team plays a vital role having end to end oversight on our manufacturing cost.
Your main tasks will be, but not limited to:
- Ensuring that product costs reflect the current supply chain standards while partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Owning the month-end cycle for your entities relating to inventory, variable & period costs, intercompany profit elimination.
- Providing accurate & timely support to business partners, addressing functional stakeholder inquiries.
- Supporting one of the internal SME teams around systems & reporting standards.
- Support the annual manufacturing cost & cost of sales budget cycle for your entities.
- Participate in improvement projects within the COSI organization.
- Meeting SOX & internal control requirements.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in finance/business/administration/economics.
- 3-5 years of financial experience and experienced working with ERP and reporting systems.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and is able to simplify complex concepts.
- Natural drive to seek improvement and challenge the status quo.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Natural coach with a drive to engage in development.
- Fluency in English.
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end allowance.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 35,5 days of leave.
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates.
- Solid Pension Plan.
- Annual bonus based on own and company performance.
- Company fitness.
- Travel allowance for commuting.
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.
If you like what you read, but not matching on all points. Please still apply, we would like to meet you!
Who we are … For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for … Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Requisition ID: R260359