Senior Specialist FP&A
Are you a skilled financial analyst seeking a new challenge? Join a dynamic team at one of the largest pharma companies in the Netherlands! We're hiring a Senior Specialist FP&A for our finance team in Oss. Make a real impact on people's lives and work in a dynamic high-tech environment.
Welcome in our team
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are now seeking applications from energetic, motivated, and innovative people interested in becoming part of this exciting new phase in our global development. Working with likeminded individuals, you will join a growing dynamic team in a newly constructed, contemporary environment. Successful applicants will make an important contribution to our overall operations in Oss, the Netherlands and worldwide.
Purpose of the role
You will work with the Finance team and operational areas to support the analysis and development of the financial information required to successfully support the company’s endeavors. Or company provides a value-add service to its business partners by having a strong focus on FP&A activities like forecasting, financial analysis and management reporting but also with focus on capital management and compliance.
Your main tasks will be, but not limited to:
- Provision of accurate, timely and reliable financial information.
- Monthly closing and reporting.
- Support, analysis, and assistance in the preparation and review of the company’s annual operating budget.
- Supporting the delivery of key business projects through financial modelling and analysis.
- Management of site spend in partnership with budget owners focusing on headcount, operating expense budgets, forecasting and spending targets.
- Support of manufacturing and inventory accounting including variance analysis.
- Provision of financial input and advice to the site leadership team.
- Leading and supporting finance training sessions and Champion programs.
- Challenging and driving continuous improvement of existing processes through optimization, standardization, and stability.
- Internal control and compliance: ensure that all activities are handled in line with the internal controls. requirements and provide support during internal and external audits, including SOX compliance.
You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and an expert in building positive working relationships.
- A professionally qualified accountant with 3-8 year’s experience ideally in a multinational manufacturing environment.
- Business partnering, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of planning, budget and forecasting processes.
- Understanding of inventory accounting and manufacturing variances.
- Knowledge of SAP preferable, MS Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with manufacturing operations and/ or supply chain is desirable.
- Experience with Six Sigma and/ or Lean principles, such as Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques, Standardized work, Scientific problem solving (PDCA), Inclusion, Value stream mapping.
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end allowance.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 35,5 days of leave.
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates.
- Solid Pension Plan.
- Annual bonus based on own and company performance.
- Company fitness.
- Travel allowance for commuting.
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.
Who we are … For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for … Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Project Temps (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Requisition ID: R275791