Specialist Process Engineer
Do you want to work at one of the largest industrial pharma concerns in the Netherlands within a high-tech environment and use your knowledge and skills? Did you always want to work in a company where your work can have a real impact on people’s lives? We would like to meet you!
We have a new job opportunity at our location in Boxmeer and are looking to hire a
Specialist Process Engineer
Purpose of the role
The Specialist Process Engineering will be responsible for the technical aspects of clean utilities process equipment and primary production systems.
Your main tasks will be, but not limited to:
- Lead engineer in big projects, under direction of a project manager, and process engineer & project manager in small projects.
- You are a subject matter expert on the following systems:
- clean utilities (PW, WFI and clean steam) process equipment
- media preparation units
- fermenters (both bacterial as well as cell culture)
- Down Stream Processing units (MF, UF, Centrifuges, homogenization equipment)
- Single Use Equipment.
- Freeze dryers
- Process Control Systems (PLC and DCS systems).
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) requirements
- Designs one-off systems, and realizes these systems in cooperation with specialized package unit
- Drafting technical documents (drawings/specifications etc.) in consultation with or on behalf of one of the other knowledge area members.
- Partial checking of technical documents set up by suppliers.
- Assist with acquisitions, deliveries and start-up of installations (including assistance with validation activities).
- Request and evaluate the quotations
- Responsible for the commissioning and qualification of the systems.
- Process "As-built" documents in the document management system.
- Acts as a coach for other process engineers.
- Bachelor or Master of science degree in (Bio)chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Applied Science.
- Minimal 5-10 years of experience in the food or pharmaceutical industry, as an engineer or production manager.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, ability to understand automated systems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Team player, who is capable to act as a project manager for smaller scale projects.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end allowance.
- 35,5 days of leave.
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates.
- Solid Pension Plan.
- Annual bonus based on own and company performance.
- Travel allowance for commuting.
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.
If you like what you read, but not matching on all points. Please still apply, we would like to meet you!
Who we are … For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for … Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Requisition ID: R263804