Supplier Quality Engineer
Do you want to work at one of the largest industrial pharma concerns in the Netherlands within a high-tech environment and use your knowledge and skills? Did you always want to work in a company where your work can have a real impact on people’s lives? We would like to meet you!
We have an exciting new job opportunity at our packaging location in Haarlem and are looking to hire a
Supplier Quality Engineer
Purpose of the role
The Supplier Development and Performance Management organization partners with the business to ensure efficient acquisition of goods and services that enables the manufacturing of our medicines, vaccines and Animal Health products. We collaborate internationally and are grouped into center-led categories and regional operating teams.
Welcome in our team
Under the direction of the category lead, the field specialist is responsible for serving as a primary point of contact for high risk and escalated suppliers for our company’s sites. The field specialist will function primarily within one of five categories (i.e. primary packaging, secondary packaging, glass, product contact, or raw materials).
Your main tasks will be, but not limited to:
- Leading supplier deviation investigations, upskilling suppliers for quality, compliance and regulatory improvements, and interfacing with our company’s sites.
- Serves as a primary point of contact to our company sites and suppliers in the region.
- You understand worldwide regulatory requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Assigned to the Non-Sterile Primary Packaging category and will provide cross-over support to all of the categories, when needed.
- Travels to and from supplier locations in Europe to resolve manufacturing, quality, technical and supply issues and investigations, as well as facilitates overall quality improvements to proactively prevent supplier issues.
- Develops and executes Supplier Improvement Plans (SIPs) for Constant Care suppliers and supports SIPs for Critical Care suppliers.
- Provides technical inputs, review, and execution of quality agreements.
- Tracks and monitors supplier operational and quality performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or business.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in quality, technical, operations, or related business operations working with products or processes.
- Experience in pharma manufacturing industry.
- Technical problem solving.
- Ability to develop and/or improve commercial relationships.
- Expert in interpersonal and cross functional communication.
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end allowance.
- 35,5 days of leave.
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates.
- Solid Pension Plan.
- Annual bonus based on own and company performance.
- Company fitness.
- Travel allowance for commuting.
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.
If you like what you read, but not matching on all points. Please still apply, we would like to meet you!
Who we are … For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for … Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Requisition ID: R252372