Senior Packaging Engineer
Permanent contracts available
For the Technical Operations Department at our manufacturing site in Oss (the Netherlands), we are currently recruiting a Senior Packaging Engineer .
Purpose of the role
Reporting into the Section Lead Packaging, you will be a lead for, or participating in, one or more projects that run at our production site or within global teams. This requires you to develop a network to work effectively in a complex, local- and global oriented environment. Also, you can drive team dynamics and structures to achieve their best results. Therefore, in addition to the knowledge that you have to offer on multiple disciplines, you know how to explain and communicate around highly complex topics to others and build alignment amongst team members and stakeholders.
Welcome to our team
Organon Oss produces, packs and distributes human medicines for several purposes: contraception, fertility, and anesthesia. In addition to tablets and injection fluids also specialty products such as contraceptive rods and rings are made.
Technical operations is a Center of Excellence within Organon Oss. The department consists of various sections (each around 10 employees) that provide technological and technical support to production. The sections are Solids, Steriles, Polymerics and Packaging. Communication with colleagues in the site, in the Organon network and with global and external partners is essential for Technical Operations.
- You develop scope proposals based on your own advanced technical expertise and different perspectives from others on a variety of packaging topics in close alignment with sponsors from production departments and other stakeholders. You will only advice using sound logic based on pros, cons, timing, resources, strategy, risk;
- Projects may include pharmaceutical products or medical devices used worldwide, packaging equipment, or the introduction of new products into the Organon Oss production;
- You lead or contribute to investigations, resulting from deviations in the production processes and or Out-of-Spec situations. This requires the ability to work with a lot of information and data and strong decision making to develop a structured approach. Doing this you develop buy-in from sponsors and stakeholders, which is key for success.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, automation, industrial engineering or another related field of study;
- A decent number of years (minimum of 5) of relevant work experience, combined with project leading responsibilities;
- Data driven decision making and stakeholder management;
- Ability to turn opinions, visions, data and the team and company goals into a sound proposal and develop a plan of execution (time, cost, quality, risk and resource loading);
- Knowledge of automated mechanical equipment for product packaging or assembly;
- Working experience in a strongly regulated environment (e.g.: food, pharma, oil & gas) is preferred;
- Communication skills, organization skills, ability to delegate and the capability to simply explain complex information;
- Willingness and ability to make a career in high volume production of medicinal products in a global oriented organization;
- Strong oral and written communication and influencing skills in English and the explicit willingness to learn the Dutch language on a short term.
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end bonus;
- 35,5 days of leave;
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates;
- Solid Pension Plan;
- Incentive Plan;
- Travel allowance for commuting;
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and professional and personal development.
Secondary Job Description
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates with a diverse background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our applicants.
If you require reasonable accommodation(s) in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email us at email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Organon LLC , does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Annualized Salary Range
Annualized Salary Range (Global)
Travel Requirements: Organon employees must be able to satisfy all applicable travel and credentialing requirements, including associated vaccination prerequisites
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1
Requisition ID: R522674