Director Business Development Laboratory Services
QPS Netherlands BV in Groningen is part of a global organization and conducts drug research for international pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. As we continue to expand our operations, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Business Development to grow our bioanalysis divisions.
As Director of Business Development Laboratory Services you will be responsible for expanding the QPS bioanalysis business in the Nordic countries and Germany with existing prospects, identify new customers, and close revenue-generating business opportunities with pharmaceuticals and biotechs. In order to achieve this objective, you will identify potential new clients through active cold calls and face-to-face meetings, effectively negotiate business terms and close deals. In this role you will develop an important network within the sales territory and position QPS as a primary or preferred provider. You will play a pivotal part in the development of new medicines to treat human diseases.
- Prospect, generate and develop new leads/business opportunities for the QPS' services: Bioanalysis (small molecule, biotherapeutics and gene therapy), Translational Medicine (Biomarkers and Pharmacogenomics), DMPK and Toxicology.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all client sales activities. Set up and coordinate face-to-face meetings with prospects in collaboration with our scientific experts.
- Generate Request for Proposals (RFPs) from new clients.
- Drive sales to closure working in conjunction with Technical Operations and Commercial Operations staff.
- Network and relationship-building at decision-maker level across key accounts. Represent and promote QPS at industry meetings.
- Work with Operations and internal BD team to direct and coordinate client visits to QPS’ facilities, including pre-visit strategy, meetings and agenda.
- Account planning & execution and forecasting, effectively utilize CRM (Salesforce.com).
- Be part of a growing, dynamic, and multi-cultural team and share experiences, plans and ideas.
- Around 50-60% of your time for business travel in Europe.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Home-office based in Germany, Austria, The Netherlands or Belgium, and 5-10 years of experience in CRO or pharmaceutical/biotech sales is preferable.
- A "hunter" mentality and a taste for challenges, the ability to work cross-culturally and to accommodate communications across global time zones (US, Europe and Asia).
- Proven experience in managing the sales process from lead generation through close including prospecting, networking, cold-calling, meetings, presenting, following up, and convincing.
- A good command of English and an other European language like German or Dutch, both spoken and written.
- Experience in creating and executing territory sales plans and the ability to achieve corporately assigned sales targets.
- Knowledge and contacts within the Global Pharma/Biotech industry, specifically in segments as identified above are preferable.
Why you should apply
- Great learning and career opportunities. Our seasoned professionals are here to support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals.
- Structured Career Ladders that provide excellent growth based on your personal aspirations.
- Work collaboratively towards achieving our mission of improving human health and the quality of life.
- Be part of an organization where diversity, creativity and challenge will be your day to day working environment.
- Excellent primary and secondary working conditions.
Do you want to apply or learn more?
If you want to play a pivotal part in improving human health and the quality of life, we are looking forward to receive your application in English. Do you want to learn more about QPS? Please visit our website at www.qps.com.
If you want to apply for this job you can contact Reiner Sulter, Recruiter, by telephone +31(0)6 11 85 59 10.