LEBI Operations Officer
Legal Operations Officer
- Location: Netherlands, US
- Job type: Permanent, Full time
About the job
In LEBI CHC we deliver added value as trusted partners to the CHC business, enabling its sustainable growth, caring about our consumers and people while protecting Sanofi’s independence. We are a “Feel Good Team”, of legal, Ethics, Privacy professionals that find a convivial place to perform with excellence, flourish and have fun in our journey to become the Best LEBI team In and For the World.
We do so by delivering qualitative and timely legal advice, optimizing processes and resources, spotting trends and shaping the external environment, leveraging on LEBI’s CHC team capabilities and sharing accountability with the business for successes and failures.
Embracing these principles is key to succeed in the position. Role modelling the Sanofi’s Play to Win values (Stretch- Take Action- Consumers/Customers centric and think One Sanofi) is another critical attribute.
- Key contributor to LEBI CHC Strategic Planning and LEBI CHC ESG agenda, identification of KPIs, implementation and progress measurement
- Define and use quantitatively and qualitatively data to identify opportunities to improve the functioning of the department, create relevant metrics and dashboards
- Measuring and reporting on the legal department's key performance indicators and metrics
- Conduct research and benchmarking on industry trends and best practices in legal operations
- Manage the legal department's budget, financial reporting, and invoicing (including e-billing)
- Manage e-discovery and legal-hold processes in partnership with relevant digital team(s)
- Negotiate and monitor contracts and service level agreements with outside counsel and vendors that meet our innovation and DE&I standards
- Evaluate and adopt new technologies and tools to enhance the legal department's productivity and performance
- Manage LEBI CHC internal and external communications, coordinating and facilitating cross-functional collaboration between the LEBI CHC department and the business and other functions in CHC
- Build a knowledge management program, that nurtures a culture of sharing best practices and documentation across LEBI CHC
- Help design and build targeted training programs that enhance the meets our dynamics skill building needs, in areas such as project management, data analytics, privacy, etc.
- Design onboarding experience for new hires of LEBI CHC, organize LEBI team meetings, events, defining and managing the agenda and follow-up on action items
- Drive the implementation of Departments initiatives and help define the right allocation of resources to business project and initiatives that need legal support
- Connect and build a network of professionals and professional associations for similar roles to keep abreast of trends on efficiently and quality based LEBI Departments operations
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in legal operations, project management, or a similar role in companies or consultancy firms
- A strong understanding of the legal industry, processes, and terminology
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. A good working knowledge of Visme, Google slides or similar versatile presentation tools
- A working knowledge of various legal technologies and tools such as contract management systems, e-billing systems, document management systems, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Proficiency level in English
- Advanced knowledge of French, will also be helpful but not a “must’
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, law, or a related field
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.