SSU & Regulatory Specialist, sponsorbased in Utrecht, Netherlands
Site Start-Up & Regulatory Specialist II, sponsorbased in Utrecht, The Netherlands
Syneos Health® is a leading fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization built to accelerate customer success. We translate unique clinical, medical affairs and commercial insights into outcomes to address modern market realities.
Our Clinical Development model brings the customer and the patient to the center of everything that we do. We are continuously looking for ways to simplify and streamline our work to not only make Syneos Health easier to work with, but to make us easier to work for.
Whether you join us in a Functional Service Provider partnership or a Full-Service environment, you’ll collaborate with passionate problem solvers, innovating as a team to help our customers achieve their goals. We are agile and driven to accelerate the delivery of therapies, because we are passionate to change lives.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
- We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition and total rewards program.
- We are committed to our Total Self culture – where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Responsible for the quality deliverables at the country level; follows project requirements and applicable country rules, with moderate oversight from the SSU Country Manager.
• Works within the forecasted submission/approval timelines and ensures they are complied with and tracks milestone progress in agreed upon SSU tracking system in real time; if forecasted timelines are not reached: investigates and provides clear rationale for delays, provides support on contingency plan to mitigate impact, and escalates the issue as soon as identified.
• Monitors basic financial aspects of the project and the number of hours/tasks available per contract; escalates discrepancies in a timely fashion.
• Reviews and complies with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WI) in a timely manner, keeps training records updated accordingly and ensures timesheet compliance.
• Supports continuous improvement of quality in all Site Start-Up (SSU) components at the country level where assigned (submissions, essential document collection, communication to Competent Authorities and ECs, etc.).
• Ensure all relevant documents are submitted to the Trial Master File (TMF) as per Company SOP/Sponsor requirements.
Responsible for one or more of the following functions at the country level:
• Local Submissions Specialist - Follows the project direction provided by the designated country start-up advisor (CSA) and SSUL. May serve as a point of contact for the PM/SSUL (or designee) during start-up on allocated projects. Complies and/or reviews essential document packages for site activation and may also be involved in essential document collection from site. Prepares and submits Central EC Applications, Local EC Applications, RA Applications, and other local regulatory authorities or hospital approval submissions as required.
• Prepares ongoing submissions, amendments, and periodic notifications required by central and local EC and RA and other local regulatory authorities as needed within the country; includes safety notifications as required by local rules, with moderate oversight from the SSU Country Manager.
• Country Start-Up Advisor - Acts as Subject Matter Advisor for in-country performance within the Site Start-Up. Supports country-level intelligence on start-up (SU) and clinical trial regulatory (CTR). Ensures that local country regulatory intelligence, as it pertains to the activities of the local SU and CTR team, is maintained on the central repository, e.g., Competent Authority submissions, EC submissions, notifications to data protection authorities, notifications/applications to any other local/federal/national body, and import/export license applications where these are obtained with RA applications. In absence of legal advisor or dedicated subject matter may provide support for data protection at the country and provide guidance at a country level on data protection statements that need to be included on those documents which the Sponsor has contracted to the Company start-up group to adapt to local requirements. This may include the Principal Investigator/Informed Consent and the Confidential Disclosure Agreement/contract template. Provides input in local SOPs and WI. Supports the creation of internal training materials on local legislation requirements. Provides input to the team to assist with EC or CA issue resolution at the country level.
• Local Site ID and Feasibility Support – Provides support with site selection lead and PM/SSUL to ensure that the appropriate sites are selected for individual studies based on the requirements of the clinical trial.
• Local Investigator Contract and Budget Negotiator – Provides support to SSUL to agree on country template contract and budget. Produces site-specific contracts from country template. Provide support in submissions for proposed contract and budget for site. Provides support in negotiating budget and contract with site via Site Contracts Service Centre and SSUL with Sponsor until resolution of issues and contract execution. Performs quality control and arranges execution of CTAs as well as archival of documents into repositories and capture of metadata.
What we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s Degree,
• Detailed understanding of clinical trial process across Phases II-IV and ICH GCP.
• Ability to understand clinical protocols and associated study specifications.
• Detailed understanding of clinical trial start-up processes.
• Ability to manage external vendors to contract effectively.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage multiple project budgets with increased complexity and value.
• Quality-driven in all managed activities.
• Good negotiating skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health .
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.