Associate Medical Director - Psychiatry EU
Who we are
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
Location of the role
This role will be based in our European HQ in Amsterdam. The EU HQ will move to Haarlem in 2024.
You will be traveling mainly to other EU locations. The expected travel is around 20-30%.
- Develop and execute EU medical launch readiness plan for assigned product in Psychiatry area.
- Execution of all medical activities and projects for assigned Psychiatry product(s).
- Provide scientific/medical leadership, strategy and support for Teva assigned product(s) in Psychiatry area.
- Lead integrated strategic medical & brand planning, and execution of all medical activities and projects for the assigned Psychiatry product(s) within Medical Affairs Europe together with strategic partners in Commercial, HEOR, R&D , Regulatory, Market Access, Country Medical Departments & other x-functional partners.
- Provide clinical and medical insights to support the GHEOR, publications, marketing, sales, regulatory, and all other cross functional teams to ensure plans are aligned and relevant to evolving medical practice and in best interest of stakeholders – patients, caregivers, payors and physicians.
- Development and execution of data generation projects, publications, posters, abstracts, manuscripts for Psychiatry area.
- Providing necessary support and oversight to country teams via close collaboration and follow up on a timely basis.
How you’ll spend your day
- European Medical ‘point of contact’ for assigned product(s) in Psychiatry area. Responsible for medical and scientific support to country medical teams, global and regional brand teams in Psychiatry area.
- Accountable for the development of the regional strategic brand plans/medical plans and operating plans (medical elements), and execution of those in collaboration with other cross-functional teams.
- Develop and coordinate the execution of the overall medical strategy for Teva’s assigned product(s) in Psychiatry area in close collaboration with TPE Medical colleagues, Country Medical Affairs teams.
- Contributor and member of the Regional brand team and when needed part of Global Matrix team as representative of EU.
- Support clinical development with input on target product profile, health economics and outcomes research needs.
- Provide oversight and support to Global studies execution in Europe, with country level patient recruitment, site feasibilities, and problem solving for Phase II, III, IV studies. Provide input to Phase II-III studies design based on market access needs of European countries via close collaboration with country medical and market access teams.
- Collaborate with Global Scientific Communications in support of knowledge generation for the CNS franchise, including strategy development and writing and review of manuscripts, abstracts and posters as part of the publication team.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with external experts and professional medical and patient associations. Develop the EE plan for assigned product(s) in CNS area. Lead, build and maintain EE relations in Psychiatry area in Europe based on scientific communications and peer to peer collaboration.
- Serve as an internal medical expert for product and disease-related content, for all cross-functional teams and country teams as well as external stakeholders.
- Review and approval of promotional, non-promotional, educational materials, slide sets, digital materials, patient support materials, speaker slides at European Regional level based on scientific accuracy, policies, compliance rules and European regulations.
- Lead RWE data generation strategy and execution in Europe via setting the strategy in collaboration with Country Medical Teams, Global Teams, HEOR, Market Access Teams & Key EEs. Initiating the prospective/retrospective studies, protocol development, site selection, external vendor- CRO management, project management, budget management, patient recruitment and publication planning.
- Planning and execution of European medical congresses with satellite symposia, medical booth, external expert engagement, congress materials, collaboration with the country teams.
- Planning and execution of Satellite Symposia, Advisory Board Meetings, Speaker trainings, Round table meetings Medical Congresses & Medical Educational Booths at Europe level.
- Review and approve ISS proposals, company sponsored studies, collaborative research proposals in relevant internal committees, and ensure these studies are aligned with strategy and has a scientific merit.
- Educate country medical teams about the product and therapy area. Planning and execution of internal medical education meetings via F2F or digital channels for Country Medical teams and MSL Teams.
- Having deep medical scientific knowledge in assigned Psychiatry area, perceived as an internal medical expert for scientific communications.
- Strong follow-up and execution of medical projects in Psychiatry area.
- Strong adherence to compliance rules, principles, Teva policies and Europe regulations.
Your experience and qualifications
- MD/PhD, scientific background required; psychiatrist can also be a good fit, but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical industry medical department experience. CNS/Psychiatry experience preferable, but not mandatory.
- Launch experience in medical affairs function.
- Experience in publications, abstracts, posters, full text articles execution, development, review
- Experience in scientific congress organization, satellite symposiums etc.
- Broad knowledge of drug development, clinical trial design, regulatory requirements, pre-launch, launch planning, observational studies and life cycle management.
- Preferably above country experience in Europe or Global Medical Teams.
- Solid experience in RWE data generation strategy and execution, protocol development, patient recruitment, publications, project management of RWE studies & ISS management.
- Budget management experience
Your skills and experience
- Great interpersonal skills; strong team player with positive customer oriented attitude, excellent collaboration, able to work with different cross functional teams effectively.
- Strong execution skills, able to deliver in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work across different cultures, cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Experienced in developing strategy, planning and executing medical plans;
- Ability to set direction and bring different matrix teams along with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written;
- Strategic thinker and has a creative, solution-oriented style;
- Flexible and able to work and execute in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines; team-oriented energetic and passionate about making a difference;
- Has a strong work ethics and character is of the highest integrity, including strong ethical and scientific standards.
- A good listener with diplomacy and positive influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
Therapy Area Head
Vincent van Straten - Team Lead Recruitment
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Pre employment check
Teva will carry out appropriate verification and legally permitted vetting prior to the confirmation of any offer of employment. More information on this verification and vetting will be provided if you reach this stage of the application process.