Global Procurement Director - Logistics & Transportation
Who we are
Location of the role
- This role will be based in Amsterdam, Israel, Bulgaria or any other European locations can be considered.
- The EU HQ will move to Haarlem in 2024.
- Travel Requirements: International: 10-15%
The Director role is responsible for leading the Global Procurement Category Organization for Logistics & Transportation services which is a key category for stakeholders in TGO Global Supply Chain and in the Commercial business units.
This role will directly manage a team of 3 Category leads and coordinate sourcing strategy work across a network of regional and local Procurement professionals.
External spend in these categories is approximately $400M. This role will lead and work collaboratively with senior business unit leaders in TGO and in the Commercial BU’s to implement strategic sourcing solutions and category initiatives for key areas including the strategic redesign of Teva’s global Distribution Center Networks.
This role is accountable for the development of procurement strategy, category management, supplier development, contract negotiation, risk management, stakeholder engagement and ongoing continuous improvement activities for all categories in scope of the role. This position is expected to make a significant contribution to meet the ambitious company cost reduction and cash management goals – procurement savings expectations for these spend categories is approximately $10M - $20M annually.
How you’ll spend your day
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships across the functions to influence category strategies
- Build category governance models to establish highly integrated ways of working with regional procurement teams and key business units on a global level
- Support cash flow improvements
- Guide cross-functional teams in the application of the Sourcing Management Process
- Develop and deploy an effective strategy to increase Teva’s ability to leverage volume globally, regionally and locally.
- Conduct supply market research to provide category intelligence and benchmarks on industry dynamics, trends and best practices.
- Develop and coordinate all sourcing activities for the team, including directing and approving competitive bidding (RFQ, E-auctions) processes.
- Develop effective supplier negotiation plans and strategies.
- Strengthen Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Programs with key suppliers to foster innovation, track performance metrics and ensure ongoing continuous improvement.
- Interface directly with Finance to document savings and P&L and cash flow impact and drive compliance
- Advance Teva Culture for the Sourcing and Procurement Professionals through mentoring, coaching and training. Develop staff development and succession plans.
Your experience and qualifications
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Education Preferred: MBA and/or relevant certification is preferred i.e. Six Sigma, CPM, CPP, etc.
- Experience Required: 10 – 15 years work experience with progressive leadership roles; 10 years’ experience operating on behalf of a Function within a large matrix organization preferred.
- Able to translate strategic vision into tactical plans and manage the change required to execute.
- Demonstrated ability leading cross-functional teams, managing multiple simultaneous projects and delivering quantifiable results.
- Solid business judgment, able to anticipate impact of decisions and initiatives.
- Superior financial modeling and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with the 5 or 7-Step Sourcing Processes
- Language requirements: Proficiency with spoken and written English
Senior Director Global Manufacturing Goods & Services Procurement
Pre employment screening
Teva will carry out appropriate verification and legally permitted vetting prior to the confirmation of any offer of employment. More information on this verification and vetting will be provided if you reach this stage of the application process.
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.