Head of EHS&S TAPI Operations
Who we are
Together, we’re on a mission to make good health more affordable and accessible, to help millions around the world enjoy healthier lives. It’s a mission that bonds our people across nearly 60 countries and a rich, diverse variety of nationalities and backgrounds. Working here means working with the world’s leading manufacturer of generic medicines, and the proud producer of many of the products on the World Health Organization’s Essential Medicines List. Today, at least 200 million people around the world take one of our medicines every single day. An amazing number, but we’re always looking for new ways to continue making a difference, and new people to make a difference with.
TAPI is the leading international supplier of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). With the industry's broadest portfolio including over 350 API products, TAPI is the go-to global supplier for APIs, supporting 75% of the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Israel, TAPI employs more than 4,000 professionals at 13 sites worldwide. We provide superior product quality and excellent customer service.
Our employees are at the core of our success, Join us on our journey of growth!
Location of the position
Preferred locations: Amsterdam (HQ) or TAPI sites in Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Czech Republic and Israel. Others locations in Teva api offices possible
As EHS&S Head of TAPI Ops, you will be responsible for the consolidation and improvement of EHS&S resources, programs in TAPI.
Strategic business executive, and expert in Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S). The incumbent will help TAPI organization manage operational risks, achieve world-class performance, and increase customer satisfaction.
You will ensure that TEVA’s EHS & S standards, guidelines, processes, and best practices are fully and effectively implemented and used in all parts of the segment and that all EHS staff has capabilities, trainings and behaviors to effectively execute all EHS tasks as needed.
The incumbent will manage and recruit a team of EHS&S subject matter experts and regional contacts to support all EHS&S aspects of the business for TAPI.
How you’ll spend your day
As a member of the TAPI Ops Leadership Team, and the Global EHS&S Leadership Team, you will be piloting EHS&S programs directly with EHS&S teams from TAPI Ops facilities, R&D centers and sales force offices and you will be:
- Monitoring, assessing business impacts, determining necessary actions, and communicating to stakeholders changing or emerging laws and regulations and action plans.
- Ensuring preparation and full and effective implementation of policies, Standards and procedures established by his/her team and Global EHS & S
- Promoting compliance with objectives of the annual work plans. Support global initiatives as appropriate to ensure success.
- Developing goals & objectives and driving initiatives, projects and action plans to execute the EHS & S strategy in line with TAPI objectives, capital planning, and budget to maintain EHS & S Compliance.
- Following-up and approving EHS events investigations and related CAPA Plans, and leading incident-prevention activities
- Ensuring that chemical hazards identification, and communication is effective, by the determination of Health Based Exposure Limits with the EHS&S team or support partners
- Developing EHS&S Business Continuity Plan and supporting sites in developing emergency plans
- Working closely the TAPI LT, providing solutions, developing, measuring, analyzing, and communicating key performance indicators and metrics
- Organizing the appropriate EHS&S audits (internal and external), supporting the review and implementation of corrective actions from these EHS&S audits
- Loss prevention
- Chemical Hazards communication (SDS and CLP) and HBEL’s
- Coordinating with the Insurance and Risk management the Loss Prevention programs for TAPI
- Receiving information on network utilization, new projects & being involved in their design review.
- Ensure TAPI employees in EHS&S have the right skills and capabilities and continuously advance their development to meet future requirement.
- Acting as a single point of contact between TAPI and Teva Global EHS&S organizations and drive effective communications between all parts of organization.
Your experience and qualifications
- Bachelor's or higher degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, environment engineering or equivalent science degree
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience (at least 15 years) in the API Production and/or in pharmaceutical operations, or fine organic industry
- At least 10 years’ experience in managerial function role in a process industry with high EHS&S standards and similar or higher hazards.
- Regional or international experience in leading EHS&S and coordinating multiple sites is a must
- Proof record of strong leadership and people management
- Ability to create a clear and concise strategic view in a complex working environment.
- Strong analytical capabilities with strong business acumen is desired
- Strong communication and influencing skills to drive global initiatives
- Ability to lead successfully in highly matrixed multi-cultural environment.
- Fluency in English
SVP Head of api Manufacturing & Supply
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Pre employment screening
Teva will carry out appropriate verification and legally permitted vetting prior to the confirmation of any offer of employment. More information on this verification and vetting will be provided if you reach this stage of the application process.