Senior Director, Head of Global Launch Readiness
Who we are
Location of the role
European HQ in Amsterdam or Parsippany (US). Our office in Amsterdam will move to Haarlem later this year.
The Global Launch Readiness Team is responsible for building successful global launches of Teva’s Phase 3 and select late Phase 2 assets. This team will focus on defining global brand identities, building brand strategies, collaborating with regional leadership, and driving Go-to-Market planning (including branding, segmentation, messaging, positioning, creative campaign development, regional alignment/coordination, and pricing/reimbursement strategy). The Senior Director, Team Leader Global Launch Readiness will be responsible for both leading this team and for driving the launch planning of at least one of the global pipeline assets. This leader will be the champion of the full portfolio of programs nearing launch and will have a deep understanding of the complete late-stage pipeline. The vision for how Teva strategically brings global products to market will be driven by this role.
How you’ll spend your day
- Leadership of Global Launch Readiness Group. This role will be responsible for establishing and leading a Global Launch Readiness Team, dedicated to strategically and successfully bringing a portfolio of global products to markets around the world. Effective leadership of this team will require a mastery of the full late-stage pipeline and the leadership of the individual Global Brand Leads according to a vision for global market and brand shaping.
- Leadership with External Partners. The Launch Readiness Team Leader will collaborate with external partners, where appropriate. This may include representing on key joint committees.
- Global Brand Strategy & Development. This includes brand elements such as naming, logo, colors, and development of the brand book.
- Global Brand Planning. Each late-stage program will require a strategic, executable Global Brand Plan. This includes brand shaping such as segmentation, product messaging, positioning, and strategy.
- Leadership of Global Brand Team(s). This role will be responsible for leading matrixed cross-functional and cross-regional brand team(s) to drive launch strategy.
- Agency On Boarding and Strategic Direction. This includes selection of Agency of Record (AOR) and leading the strategic direction of AOR
- Messaging & Positioning. Lead AOR and global market research to determine optimal approach to messaging and positioning.
- Global promotional campaign. In conjunction with AOR and Global Brand Team, build global promotional campaign to be delivered to regions.
- Global Market Access/Reimbursement. Build a global approach to pricing and reimbursement, including guidance to the regions to ensure alignment with brand global strategy. Build reimbursement framework and global value proposition. Inform pricing guidance.
- Market, Patient, Competitive, and Reimbursement Landscape Expertise. This role requires robust patient, market, competitive, and reimbursement understanding to inform brand strategy, business case analysis, and Go-to-Market launch plan. Collaboration with the Global Insights & Analytics team is essential to mastering the commercial landscape, including competition, patient journeys, unmet needs, and reimbursement.
- Collaboration with Regional & Cross-Functional Leadership, including partnership with R&D, Medical, Regulatory, Global Insights & Analytics, and coordination with regions to ensure the brand’s global vision is executed consistently around the world.
- Regional/Country Sequencing. Prioritize key regions/countries and determine launch sequencing.
- Budgeting and Planning. Build and manage planning budget(s) to execute key strategies.
- Manage Strategic External Partnerships. Lead marketing components of external collaborations
- Manage annual business planning processes including Brand Planning, Long Range Planning, Portfolio Review, and Annual Operating Planning.
Your experience and qualifications
- BA/BS required; advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry, with 5+ years of global marketing experience (Regional experience may also be considered)
- Leadership experience managing a team.
- Strong experience launching new therapies.
- Experience leading global brand teams to drive pre-launch and launch strategies.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams including Operations, R&D, Regulatory, Medical, Commercial Insights)
- Experience in brand planning
- Experience managing Advertising Agencies
- Ability to partner with R&D and Regulatory to bring asset to market
Your business and leadership skills
- Highly collaborative with experience working closely with Regional Leadership, Project Leadership, and other R&D functions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; Executive level presence.
- Ability to lead cross-functional partners without direct reporting structure.
- Mastery of the development of brands and brand strategy, including positioning, segmentation, and branding for pipeline assets.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to thrive in cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
SVP, Head of Global Marketing
Barishan Yilmaz - Senior Recruiter
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Pre employment screening
Teva will carry out appropriate verification and legally permitted vetting prior to the confirmation of any offer of employment. More information on this verification and vetting will be provided if you reach this stage of the application process.