VP - Global Head of CDMO, Teva API
Who we are
Location of the position
This position is available for any Teva location globally.
The Head of CDMO is responsible for developing and executing Teva API's CDMO strategy and business growth plans. This role involves establishing the internal infrastructure necessary to support success and driving the execution of business and financial goals. The Head of CDMO represents the business externally and plays a key role in building and maintaining long-term relationships across customer segments, including big pharma and start-up organizations.
How you’ll spend your day
- Establish and build a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) to support Teva API's ambitious business growth.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan for growth, including sales strategies, lead generation processes, costing/pricing methodologies, and all activities required for successful plan execution.
- Oversee and manage CDMO and big pharma sales, project management, marketing, including digital marketing, customer experience, technical services, and subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Map the complete customer journey for CDMO with Teva API, identify strengths and areas for improvement, and implement governance to optimize customer experience.
- Drive a mindset change within the organization to achieve business results and goals in the CDMO space.
- Develop an infrastructure to support the Request for Quotation (RfQ) and Request for Proposal (RfP) processes within industry standards.
- Develop the capabilities of the team to support the CDMO business.
- Motivate, incentivize, and reward the CDMO business development team.
- Cultivate and enhance long-term relationships with key customers.
- Conduct customer surveys to optimize performance and sales growth.
- Set current and long-range objectives and create operating plans for future developments.
- Allocate resources (human, financial, technical, etc.) to balance short and long-term profits.
- Develop plans for strategy execution and ensure successful implementation across all areas of responsibility.
- Oversee the work plan, managing budgetary expenditure effectively and in line with agreed spend.
- Analyze CDMO competition holistically and product-specific to drive decision-making and strengthen the sales teams.
- Lead Teva API's CDMO digital marketing activities.
- Travel to customers and events globally
Your experience and qualifications
- Minimum 15 years of pharmaceutical experience in commercial, business intelligence, and strategic planning.
- Prior experience in the CDMO Pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Strongly preferred: B2B pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Relevant professional education: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study required. Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead, and execute various assignments and action plans, driving for results and managing complex projects.
- Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to lead a global organization.
- Executive presence with a proven ability to influence others.
- Effective communication skills across different levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of successful negotiations with customers.
- Strong strategic agility and business acumen.
- High potential for professional development.
Pre Employment Screening
Teva will carry out appropriate verification and legally permitted vetting prior to the confirmation of any offer of employment. More information on this verification and vetting will be provided if you reach this stage of the application process.
Vincent van Straten - Recruitment Team Leader Benelux & Nordics
Senior Vice President - Head of Commercial Teva Active Pharmaceuticals & Medis
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.