Position Summary :
The primary functional objective of the position is direct contact with customers and channel partners in the given segment, to initiate and develop relationships, which will ultimately generate sales. It is through these relationships that we will achieve the best possible sales representation for Thermo Fisher Scientific. As a Salesperson, you will be visiting customers, using the telephone, MS Teams, data science and email as your primary tools. Social media connections will also be an integral resource.
- Be part of a newly evolved team to focus on customers within the Pharmaceutical, Academic, and all others segments at a very exciting time of change!
- Reach Annual Operating Plan set for territory
- The strategic development and growth of laboratory products and consumables is the primary focus of this role
- Apply data intelligence to analyse and develop sales opportunities with the greatest return on investment. Communicate key competitor activities, market trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, which include emerging customers
- Build and maintain existing relationships by regular phone, MS Teams, email contact and occasional face to face meetings, with customers and potential customers. Use all routes to market including channel partners and e-commerce platform to deliver solutions for our customers.
- Use Salesforce.com to ensure accurate customer records are held
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes and challenges to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization!
What will you need?
- Minimum BSc within Life Sciences required (or equivalent experience)
- Some experience from a sales function in relevant industry would be very beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong capabilities to interface effectively with all customer types
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to function effectively in a high-performance team
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and desire to succeed in commercial
- Practical understanding of the sales processes & buying cycle
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English and Dutch
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a constantly evolving business environment
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Teams or similar programs required
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary plus performance bonus
- Learning and development opportunities with a highly successful, global business.
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Private Health Insurance
- Flexible wellbeing benefits and insurance discounts
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any our application process, click here (https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility) for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.