Client Services Project Manager I
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
We are the Clinical Trials Division (CTD): We Supply the Hope that Changes Lives
CTD partners with pharmaceutical and biotech customers around the world to ensure the right patients get the right therapies in the right doses at the right time - a concept that we internally adopt as "There is a Patient Waiting." Our unique blend of services includes project management, packaging, distribution, transportation management and specialty logistics, ancillary supply management, clinical supply optimization, bio-repository storage and much more. Our more than 4000 employees in over 15 countries work hard every day knowing that what they do matters.
Your Role in that Mission:
As a member of Global Client Services, you are part of One Global Team: Empowered to Act, Make Connections and Get Results for our customers and their patients.
The Project Coordinator/Support Associate is a key member of our Project Management team and provides crucial support which enables unparalleled service to our clients. This role partners with internal and external customers to monitor the daily progress of client project results and plays a key role in documentation, budget management and ensuring an excellent customer experience. The PSA role supports the PM client portfolio to ensure successful completion and supply maintenance over the life cycle of each project.
Please note this is fixed term role, until 10/2024 .
- Partners with the Client and the internal project management team to help support the success of a study in any way possible. This may include meetings either at Thermo Fisher Scientific sites or at the client’s premises.
- Assists in setting up and maintaining study filing systems and maintains accurate records for all work undertaken, working with appropriate quality management systems
- Collaborates with the Project Manager for ensuring that all Fisher Clinical activities come together in a timely manner to meet the customer and study requirements.
- Coordination and communication of all relevant activities, both internal and external to ensure that all services and products are ready for the start of the study or as required by the customer
- Gets results through the use of appropriate project planning tools to communicate achievements and critical path activities and responsibilities.
- Creates and/ or supports creation of operational documentation using internal systems including but not limited to GMP operational documentation. Build bill of materials and coordinates creation and review of billing packages.
- Provides back-up support to the Project Team
- Collects all information on a study design including; accurate label texts, coordination of primary, secondary packaging material and tools, coordination of label translation, producing all batch documentation for operations and check of documentation, coordination of shipments through the logistics department, and writing Distribution orders and GMP instructions
- Applies GXP in all areas of responsibility
As Demonstrated By:
- General understanding of project plans and timeline management with a demonstrated track record for task delivery to enable achievement of goals.
- Knowledge of general inventory and billing principles, good documentation practices, and report generation.
- Identifies and raises project challenges and collaborates with team members or management to resolve issues.
- Provides backs-up to more senior Project Managers in planning and coordinating functional team activities, timelines and results for each project.
Client Relationship Management
- Maintains a general understanding of Thermo Fisher's solutions portfolio and strategy within the industry.
- Partners with team members on special projects, reports and meeting preparation including generation of meeting agenda and minutes, scenario planning, timeline monitoring and system management
- Performs basic data analysis functions with assistance from senior team members as required to ensure successful project results and customer satisfaction.
- Records and tracks project data efficiently in different systems and maintains accountability for data accuracy, reporting and timeliness.
Project Management Leadership
- Seeks mentorship and guidance to drive development and further strengthen project management skills.
- Communicates information in a timely manner, understands boundaries, respects differences and addresses challenging situations appropriately.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 2+ years of relevant client facing work experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.