Demand Planner III
Position Location: Bleiswijk NL, Bishops Stortford UK,
Fisher Bioservices is the industry leader in the management of critical biological materials to support the advancement of cell therapies, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customised, end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical customers and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity of their valued material.
How do we make an impact?
When part of the team, you’ll support critical work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have global impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals!
The Demand Planner will drive tactical initiatives that implement and improve the overall supply chain planning process and system of operations. This position will work very closely with operations, Client Services, and commercial teams to meet internal goals and market expectations. Specific functional responsibilities will include development of processes that help lead equipment/storage demand and supply planning.
- Implement a demand planning system to ensure business capacity requirements can be satisfied in both current and future scenarios. Process to analyse requirements of start up and closure of studies to identify future capacity requirements is critical to success.
- Drive continued efficiency improvements through the effective use of metrics, 5S, and the PPI process.
- Evaluates and reports the coordination of capacity data collection, demand data collection, and the summary analysis, assuring appropriate cross-functional and business engagement between Operations, Commercial, and Supply Chain. Reporting through MBR meetings.
- Own Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) projects across the region to ensure capacities for storage, reusable shippers and facilities are available to support ongoing business opportunities.
- Be accountable for the scheduling activities across FBS EMEA, ensuring all departments have on time in place requirements available, and all operational duties are completed on plan to agreed timelines. This will include the end-to-end lifecycle from request to release of manufactured material.
- Work closely with PPI Business Systems to develop and implement meaningful metrics such as forecast accuracy, OTIF, schedule adherence and capacity utilisation.
- Supports Client Services with the scheduling and onboarding of new clients and projects to ensure flawless integration to the existing business operations.
- Leads weekly scheduling meetings with collaborating departments to ensure that there is at least 21days forward cover of work for the packaging suites.
- Develop, and apply, deep understanding of all Inventory Management Systems (IMS) and support programs for use in reporting, analyzing, and scheduling needs.
- Attend or lead daily Stand-up Meetings (SUMs), S&OP and Planning meetings both local and global.
- APICS Certification or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel and preferably PowerBi.
- Experience or knowledge in packaging and logistics operations to support clinical trials in a GxP environment.
- Ability to apply problem solving methodology to understand root cause and implement appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate resilience and be able support others within team.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, written and numerical skills.
We offer competitive salary, an annual incentive bonus plan, and a range of other employee benefits!
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us . As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
If you are interested, please apply online with your CV and Motivation Letter including possible start date and salary expectations.
Each one of our 100,000 outstanding minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and support to our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status