Depot Repair Technician
Are you looking for a chance to create a measurable and meaningful impact on our world? Based in our office in Breda, Netherlands, joining our Field Service and Depot Repair Team enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer by providing maintenance, repair, and calibration equipment solutions. We will train you to ensure customers in EMEA receive the best support possible, and offer continual growth and learning, in a culture that encourages your development. As valuable member of the team it is your responsibility to perform service, repair and build of Environmental and Process monitoring instrumentation.
What will you do:
- Clean, assemble and test exchange products. Provide regular updates to customers on the progress of repairs & services.
- Carry out service maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- Record and maintain records of all service activities. This will be captured in service reports, which will be send to customers.
- Provide Technical Support on questions from customers. Emailing customers and providing pre return technical support to find out the customer’s needs and issues.
- Record technical faults from end users on salesforce.
- Update technical notes, which assist customers and colleagues.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with engineering and software department on design, reliability, and maintenance issues.
- We are working with SAP-software to prepare quotations, RA-numbers and order confirmation for products being returned for repair and service in EMEA. SAP will also be used to setup new customers and parts. The Global Trade Compliance will be followed.
- For returning of the goods, commercial and proforma invoices must be prepared for shipping and payments.
- Arrange annual calibration of depot repair master calibration units.
- Verify, complete and submit warranty claims for instruments to be returned under warranty for repair.
- Inspect and document pre-repair condition of returned instruments.
- Work according to the Health and Safety Regulations and follow ISO-procedures.
Who are we looking for - experience, skills and abilities:
- Technical MBO education.
- Experience in customer engagement (2+ years).
- Strong communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good analytical capability and problem-solving skills.
- Good software skills and understanding of Windows Office (ie Word, Excel, Teams).
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics, or developing and manufacturing life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience, and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .