Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing efficiency in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
This position is within the Analytical Instruments Group, the Materials and Structural Analysis Division, within the Electron Microscopy business unit.
The Director Global Marketing for our Life Sciences Electron Microscopy Business is responsible for the development and execution of global, customer focused marketing strategies, and integrated multi-channel campaigns. We are motivated to enable more scientists to use Cryo - EM in their research; and deliver our growth targets by creating a strong pipeline. You will be on the Life Sciences Leadership Team and contribute to the overall growth of the Business. In this role you will be leading the team of Global Market Development Managers and Specialists. In this exciting role, you will be working closely with the Product leaders on the Go to Market plans for our innovative products and encouraged to find new creative was to reach our customers!
- Develop strategic, multi-channel integrated marketing strategies targeting the Life Science Academic and Pharmaceutical market segments.
- Lead and continually develop a strong marketing team.
- Guide the development of creative content, product positioning, and strong value propositions!
- Partner with commercial teams to develop appropriate commercialization strategies and marketing tactics to drive growth, to increase coverage and penetration.
- Maintain program metrics to measure the efficiency of activities; and adjust tactics to improve performance and achieve a high return on investment.
- Act as a business partner throughout the organization - a true brand ambassador, driving our business strategy.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external partners including KOL engagement.
- University or bachelor’s degree, ideally in Cell Biology, Structural Biology; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of validated experience developing and implementing marketing strategy and marketing plans for a scientific capital equipment business.
- 5+ years experience in successfully leading Market Development in a business with at least $250M in revenue
- Consistent track record of getting results with sense of urgency.
- Strong talent management and people development skills.
- Experience working in a high intensity, complex, highly matrixed organization.
- Track record of making market and reaching new customers, in high end capital equipment
- Travel required (~25%); including international.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us . As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.