EMEA Field Service and Application Engineer
Field Service and Application Engineer
When you are part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do ambitious work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $30 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Who we are:
The Chemical Analysis Division (CAD) provides a diverse mix of analytical instruments and associated services to a broad range markets including Safety and Security, Environmental, Food Safety, Energy, Mining, Life Science Manufacturing and Recycling to name a few. The instruments are deployed in the field and on the line, in challenging environments where customers put a premium on robustness, reliability and ease of use. They allow them to make decisions where they operate and streamline their businesses. CAD is a division with a global footprint, broad product portfolio and diverse customer base.
The Production Process and Analytics (PPA) business is a part of CAD. M&M has over 700 employees globally with historical revenues in excess of $200 million dollars.
Who we are looking for:
Within our EMEA PPA Business Unit we are looking for an experienced and motivated Field Service and Application Engineer, product line Online Non-Contact Measurement Gauges (Link: https://www.thermofisher.com/pl/en/home/industrial/manufacturing-processing/online-non-contact-measurement-gauges.html ) and if required extending to other product lines and or applications.
Impact you will make:
As a Field Service and Application Engineer you will be responsible for delivering and building service excellence over and above our customer expectations.
What you will do:
- Represent our company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Own and deliver service commitments and complete application related service activities, installations, data analysis, full calibrations, corrective and preventative maintenance, training, radiation services, remote technical support, other field and remote services (mostly throughout EMEA region, and sporadically globally when required).
- Provide Application, Field and Technical Support services for Gauging systems during pre and post equipment sale phase
- Provide remote and on-site services within agreed conditions and set accurate priorities.
- Service reporting, documentation and creation of protocols to specification based on internal and customer needs.
- Maintain high level of customer allegiance by building strong customer relationships and promoting excellent customer experience.
- Partner with our commercial colleagues to deliver and implement systems in profitable manner, exceeding customer expectations
- Help with continuous improvement applying our Practical Process Improvement Business System
- Other duties and possible extension of business responsibilities as the need arises
How you will get here:
- Diploma or equivalent education in electronic or electrical engineering.
- Min 2 years field work experience delivering technical services and/or application support
- Preferable material science and/or process engineering expertise/experience
- Preferable knowledge in Online Non-Contact Measurement Gauges and/or Lithium Ion Batteries industrial processes
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills, passionate about electromechanical, software and application issues
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication both written and oral in English.
- The ability to speak German would be advantageous.
- Strong electrical or electronic background
- Ability to work proficiently with customers and colleagues in difficult and complex situations
- Ability to understand, read and interpret technical drawings
- Customer friendliness and professional demeanor
- PC literacy including MS Office and Outlook, Excel, Matlab or EzCal
- Ability to travel, both domestic and internationally (mostly throughout EMEA region, and sporadically globally when required) up to 75%
- Valid driver's license
What we offer:
- Job with an innovative, forward-looking employer.
- Outstanding development and career prospects in a globally growing company.
- Culture based on integrity, dedication and innovation.
- Excellent training opportunities; attractive, comprehensive remuneration package and company benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.