Field Service Engineer
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do meaningful work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
Position Location: Netherlands
Within our EMEA Bulk Elemental Unit we are looking for an experienced and motivated Field Service Engineer, product line Bulk Elemental Analysis with focus on material characterization, rapid elemental analysis, information of materials applications and if required extending to other product lines and or applications. Based around Rotterdam.
How you will make an impact:
As Field Engineer representative in this position, responsible for delivering and build service excellence over and above our customer expectations.
What you will do:
- Represents our company in a positive, professional manner in all taking care of company's customers, both external and internal.
- Frequent trips in France, Benelux, Switzerland, and time to time in other countries in EMEA.
- Own and deliver service commitments and complete installations, repairs, data analysis and calibrations, preventative maintenance, training, radiation services. On X-Ray fluorescence Spectrometers and optical emission spectrometers
- Responsible for providing services remote or at site within the agreed conditions; sets the accurate priorities.
- Service reporting, documentation and creation of protocols to specification on internal and customer needs.
- Maintain high level of customer allegiance by building strong customer relationships and promoting on excellent customer experience.
- Partner with our commercial colleagues to deliver customer deals that can be implemented profitably and meet/exceed customer expectations
- Help on continuous improvement through our Practical Process Improvement Business System
- Participation in training courses in Switzerland (Ecublens) and the Czech Republic (Brno)
How will you get here?
- Diploma or equivalent education preferable in electrical engineering, chemistry, engineering, or technical training in the field of electronics or training in the chemical field with technical orientation.
- Five years of work experience in technical services
- Field service experience (technical) or strong service knowledge
- Preferable knowledge in heavy industrial process (metallurgy, mining, geology and geochemistry, petroleum, polymers, glass, etc…)
- Outstanding fixing skills passionate about electromechanical, software and application issues
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Practical experience in an equivalent position (confirmed ability in a similar position for 5 years desired).
- Excellent interpersonal communication both written and oral in Dutch and English (French would be a plus).
- Ability to work efficiently with customers and colleagues in difficult and stressful situations
- Good knowledge of electronics and mechanics
- Customer friendliness and a professional demeanor
- Digital literacy including MS Office and Outlook.
- Proficient in English,
- Ability to travel (both domestic and internationally) up to 80% (up to 4 nights per week at hotel)
- Valid driver's license
- Self-organized and effective
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us . As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, tackle sophisticated scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.