Field Service Engineer (m/w/d) EMEA
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $30 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Chemical Analysis Division (CAD) provides a diverse mix of analytical instruments and associated services to a broad range of end user markets including Safety & Security, Environmental, Food Safety, Energy, Mining, Life Science Manufacturing and Recycling, to name a few. Its instruments are deployed in the field and on the line, in challenging environments where customers put a premium on robustness, reliability and ease of use. They allow them to make decisions where they operate and streamline their businesses. CAD is a complex division with a global footprint, broad product portfolio and diverse customer base.
The Production Process & Analytics (PPA) business is a part of CAD. PPA has over 700 employees globally with historical revenues in excess of $200 million dollars.
Location/Division Specific Information
Within our EMEA Production Process & Analytics Business Unit we are looking for an experienced and motivated Field Service Engineer, product line Gauging for Thickness and Basis Weight Measurement (Web link: www.thermofisher.com/gauging ) and if required extending to other product lines and/or applications.
How you will make an impact!
As Field Service Engineer representative in this position, you will be responsible for services delivery and excellence over and above our customer expectations.
What you will do?
- Represent our company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Own and deliver service commitments: provide field installations, repairs, data analysis and calibrations, preventative maintenance, training, radiation services, remote technical support, other field and remote services. (mostly throughout EMEA region, and sporadically globally when required).
- Responsible for providing services remotely or at site within agreed conditions; sets the accurate priorities.
- Service reporting, documentation and creation of protocols to specification on internal and customer needs.
- Maintain high level of customer allegiance by building strong customer relationships and promoting on excellent customer experience.
- Partner with our commercial colleagues to deliver customer deals that can be implemented profitably and meet/exceed customer expectations
- Help on continuous improvement through our Practical Process Improvement Business System
- Other duties and possible extension of business responsibilities as the need arises
How you will get here
Diploma or equivalent education preferable in electronic or electrical engineering.
- Three years of work experience in technical services
- One year field service experience (technical) or strong service knowledge
- Preferable material science and/or process engineering expertise/experience
- Preferable knowledge in Thickness and Basis Weight Measurement and/or Lithium Ion Batteries industrial process
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills, passionate about electromechanical, software and application issues
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication both written and oral in English.
The ability to speak German would be advantageous.
- Ability to work effectively with customers and colleagues in difficult and stressful situations
- Ability to understand, read and interpret technical drawings
- Customer friendliness and a professional attitude
- PC literacy including MS Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficient in English, with a second language suited to region
- Ability to travel, both domestic and internationally (mostly throughout EMEA region, and sporadically globally when required) up to 75%
- Valid driver's license
- Preferably experience with SalesForce CRM.
What we offer!
- Job with an innovative, forward-looking employer.
- Outstanding development and career prospects in a globally growing company.
- A culture based on integrity, dedication and innovation.
- Excellent training opportunities; attractive, comprehensive remuneration package and company benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.