Financial Analyst III
R&D Finance analyst
Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase efficiency, and ultimately change the world! We craft, manufacture, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
The position within R&D finance resides in a team (4p) of hardworking professionals that strive to continuously improve financial processes and accounting accuracy for the R&D department Acht. The position reports to the Sr. manager finance.
The Financial Analyst / Assistant financial controller is responsible for co-piloting and driving the month end close process, costing activities, keeping work instructions up to date, finance process improvements and preparing report outs to various customers in R&D and Finance department.
The Assistant financial controller is a diverse position where it is vital to work in multiple financial systems to cover the entire process. These systems are PLN, QAD, SBM and Teamcenter. Furthermore, during execution of the work multiple internal partners outside of finance are engaged!
The key responsibilities are:
- Complete & improve periodical financial planning and close activities
- Own and update work instructions
- Own PLN uploads & be(come) SME
- Prepare report outs to R&D management & finance.
- Own JDI tracking improvements in execution R&D finance Acht
- Be(come) SME financial processes in QAD
- Own HC reporting
- Work well with other TFS sites to drive process harmonizations in R&D finance
- HBO working level.
- A combination of education and experience that demonstrate transferable skills.
- Multiple years experience in finance and/or accounting
- Strong analytical skills
- Very accurate working ethic
- Proficient with business tolls such as QAD, PLN and MS Office, SBM(TeamTrack) and Teamcenter
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in English and Dutch
- Able to drive improvement projects under supervision
- Ability to handle a complex workload.
- Experience in a high-tech production environment
- Experience with QAD & PLN