Global Technical Support Engineer
Global Technical Support Specialist
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, growing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them.
Thermo Fisher Scientific across the world with more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Our Central Service organization enables our customer to push the technological barrier every day! Opportunity to visit our customers on-site, performing critical work to support breakthrough innovation up to 25% of the time! Specifically we are strengthening our Image Acquisition & Detection support team in Global Technical Support.
Who are we looking for
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to address technical problems within multi-cultural team. If you enjoy the introduction of software solutions on top of high-performance systems, this is an excellent opportunity to change the world.
- Handles tasks and projects in the Technical Support Department in order to improve its efficiency.
- Provides technical communication between Production, R&D and Global Tech Support.
- Provides „root cause“ analysis and actively takes part in resolving technical issues.
- Collects, analyzes and reports data for the purpose of solving problems and improving company’s inner processes.
- Provide worldwide 3rd line technical support up to system level of TEM products
- Postmortem analysis for solved support calls, collaboration on and leading continuous improvement processes
- Brings together parts issues and collect Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) requests for all type of microscopes and their modules
- Actively looks for chances too lower the installation and warranty cost based on collected data and analyses
- Leading assigned GTS tasks, e.g. PPI, Service Documentation requests, CAPA, etc.
- Seek for opportunities to improve product quality
- Following the effective documents IMS, EMS and working on documentation
How will you get there
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a technical area or a combination of both education and meaningful work experience.
- Strong social skills, written and verbal
- English written and spoken min. level B2.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (less than 25% of working hours).
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate in a team.
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge and experience in Product Data Management (ECR\\O or NPI) is of an advantage
- Proactive and customer focused person
What do you need
- Excellent communication ability (both face-to-face as via mail) and influencing skills including the ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences is important to the success in this position
- Affinity with software applications and computer hardware
- Hard-working and outgoing personality
- Self-steering on multiple tasks
- Consistent record to work well with multi-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Opportunity to join Thermo Fisher Scientific - company culture which stands for integrity, involvement, intensity and innovation!
- Competitive salary, plus annual incentive bonus and a company stocks program (Excellent country-specific benefits)
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer.
- Collaborative work in an international environment
- Strong Team Spirit and Active Career Management
- Very attractive 40 (27+13) holidays a year
- Flexibility to work in hybrid model (3days from the office, 2 days from home)
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.