Inside Sales Representative II
Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our industry-leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research, clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and significant impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join our Sales & Marketing team with an unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the world’s toughest challenges.
BeNeLux remote RSD
In this position you will be joining Fisher, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, which delivers over 800,000 different products to a wide range of laboratory customers, helping them to accelerate life science research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. You will cover a customer database in the Benelux area with a focus on industrial customers. This position can be home office based.
As an Inside Sales Account Manager you will be responsible for the sales of scientific products and services via telephone, email and other digital methods within a defined territory and when required via face to face meetings. As Inside Sales Account Manager you will be responsible for serving customers engaged in research and development in the industry field and diagnostic area as well as testing labs. You will maintain effective customer relations, develop opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assure market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
What will you do?
- Work to drive specific product sales, to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and valuable services.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user contacts within assigned territory.
- Use available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory primarily by phone, but also face-to-face when required.
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services.
- Lead pricing within territory to optimize profitability.
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files vital for accurate management of territory.
- Connect with manager any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times during any customer interactions.
- Some demonstrable sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry particularly where there is a sound understanding of the current marketplace for laboratory equipment, consumables and/or chemicals. You could also be an emerging talent without sales experience and with understanding of a laboratory environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Written and spoken Dutch and English, French would be an asset.
- Strong scientific background preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Leads large complex business initiatives and customer solutions that spans across multiple business sectors and cross-functional team members
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strategic selling and negotiating skills required
- This role operates within a matrix environment requiring the post holder to work effectively with multiple partners, to lead both ambitious requirements and concurrent project activity.
- Inside Sales Account Managers will have the flexibility to travel 10-20% of their time (subject to local/country contractual guidelines), to form relationships with key partners at larger accounts. This will be determined on a case by case basis, depending on the customers and geography. Full driver’s license and must be able and willing to travel to customer locations and attend regional as well as national meetings
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.