Logistics Specialist III
NPI Planner Service Logistics (Logistics Specialist III)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue over $40B and 125,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) - Materials & Structural Analysis (MSD) Division
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Our worldwide team of 5,500 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit accelerating innovation and driving efficiency.
The New Product Introduction (NPI) Planner Service Logistics is a member of the global Service Logistics team which is ensuring spare parts availability to support our field service organization needed to service our global installed base of microscopes throughout its lifecycle.
Reports to the Manager Global Planning Service Logistics.
As part of the global planning team within service logistics you are involved in the ongoing NPI projects globally to ensure timely identification and availability of related spare parts. This includes challenging the projects on (timing of) the definition and release of Field Replaceable Units (FRUs), initial order delivery as well as expected failure rate of these items. You are representing service logistics and as such will discuss the overall serviceability of the microscopes from a spare part point of view, addressing the strategic decision of the level on which FRUs are defined. Initial global stock plans need to be initiated and completed while keeping in mind the geographical spread and sales volumes and considering a differentiated service level approach towards microscopes, customers, and regions.
- Represent service logistics in multi-disciplinary project teams consisting of representatives from R&D, CT, OE, production logistics, and GTS to define serviceability of new products, including definition of spare parts
- Hold projects accountable to a) meet vital milestones of (technical) release of spare parts and b) ensure communication of the impact of alternative scenarios to the relevant stakeholders (e.g. field management)
- Drive material readiness according to the initial FRU stocking plan
- Balance investment required to support NPI tools according to (differentiated) service levels
- Effectively communicate status, risks and influence change as representative in technical stakeholder meetings
- Complete planning part setups according to Service Level Agreement
- Setup initial supply chain and cooperate with both OE and Sourcing to define projected forecasts, align on expected LT and (repair) costs
- Challenge NPI engineers on expected failure rates provided
- Accountable for planned levels of inventory for the NPI products
- Work with available software package (Servigistics) to continuously improve the level of (automated) NPI support
- Lead or significantly contribute to cross-functional improvement efforts
This position is ideal for a self-motivated, assertive logistics professional with (service) logistics planning experience, looking for an opportunity to grow and advance. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- MSc degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business or related field
- 5-10 year experience within the integrated supply chain, preferably in a high tech service environment
- Possesses knowledge of supply chain management, MRP, forecasting, and project management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- High Attention to details, demonstrating reliability
- Organized and works in a structured manner
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Team and result oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and/or Dutch
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.