How will you make an impact
In our facilities around the world ThermoFisher MSD builds world-class electron microscopes, constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our performance and efficiency!
The Manufacturing Engineer is part of the Operations Engineering team in Eindhoven. Your task is to design, maintain, and optimize production processes. You’ll contribute to the four main production engineer drivers: decrease cycle time, decrease cost, increase efficiency, increase quality. You interact with internal and external parties to find and implement reliable solutions in order to achieve operational excellence in processes and product quality.
What will you do
As 2nd line support, the Operations Engineer solves factory related production issues, identifies problems and develops practical solutions for factory tooling and product quality issues. Creation and maintenance of factory work instructions that define the way of working and data collection as part of the building process flow. In the area of assembly, system testing and fixing issues you give hands-on training to factory and service personnel.
You keep technical product documentation (TPD) up to date by means of processing change requests that improve quality, part costs or manufacturability. Support suppliers in delivering quality products that stay in sync with the defined TPD requirements. In cooperation with adjacent fields you investigate and solve product quality issues.
How will you get there (Education and experience):
- HBO-Bachelor’s degree in mechanical fine precision engineering, material science or applied physics or similar technical expertise.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a production environment of complex system assembly and testing processes, preferably specializing in mechanical tooling and/or material science.
- In terms of material science metals and ceramics, the Operations Engineer possess practical knowledge to review parts manufacturing strategies, material properties, heat treatments, surface coatings and passivation techniques.
- Experience in solving issues: analyzing a problem, finding the root-cause and come to effective solutions.
- Experience in using technical production engineering and quality control methodologies such as SPC, P-FMEA, process flow, Lean Six Sigma greenbelt etc.
- Optional; Knowledge of using 3D modelling software, preferably Siemens NX Uni-graphics (UG).
- Optional; Familiar with (ultrasonic) part cleaning techniques for vacuum application.
- Able to read and interpret complex TPD, such as parts drawings and quality standards.
- Display a practical hands-on approach.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and proactively manage tasks to completion.
- Adequate language skills in English (speech and writing), speaking the Dutch language is a big plus.
- Creativity in creating solutions for design, process and quality challenges.
- Having a strong analytical attitude in coping with details that need structure.
- Good social and communication skills to work in teams or to train others.
- Have a pragmatic, proactive approach and build functional relationships with colleagues and external suppliers.
What we offer
- Direct contract with Thermo Fisher Scientific with a competitive salary, 13th month, holiday allowance and annual incentive bonus
- A flexible working hours arrangement
- Excellent career progression opportunities within a growing global employer
- Training and courses available via our Thermo Fisher University to continuously develop yourself
- Collaborative work in an international environment
- Strong Team Spirit and many company and team activities
- Very attractive 40 holidays a year
- This is a full-time position (40 hours). Working part-time is an option in case you’re available for at least 32 hours.
We welcome candidates that enjoy working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary, groundbreaking technology environment where personal development and team cooperation are key to success, to make the impossible -> possible for our customers..
Diversity in our teams is an important element to build an effective and challenging working environment. Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement are key values that we expect of all that are part of our community.