Our company and the department:
Patheon Softgels B.V., part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a global pharmaceutical company, the Softgel Business Unit which is part of the Pharma Services Group.
The company develops and produces different pharmaceutical and nutritional products for its own product portfolio and for its customers. The production facility in Tilburg is operating 24/7 and we have 8 production lines. The facility has two Warehouses (Raw materials & Finished product) and a Quality Control Lab.
The Supply Chain group coordinates the “Make to Order” flow between the departments Business Management, Procurement, Production, R&D and Quality. In addition, they provide support for financial reports to the Finance department and coordinates preventive maintenance activities with the maintenance team.
The scope of supply chain covers six major areas:
Client Services, Planning, Procurement, Warehousing, Transport and Trade Compliance
The team solves complex challenges to deliver our products on time and in full to our customer. The supply Chain Trainee reports to the supervisor Supply Chain.
Are you our new Procurement specialist?
The Procurement Specialist supports and enables the site in meeting their operations, innovation, and financial targets by managing the required supplier capabilities and performance for assigned projects and categories. Operates in a managed network of business colleagues and suppliers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization, working closely within a small local team and you’ll be collaborating with the global procurement network and suppliers to ensure the contract and procurement strategy and specifications meet business requirements.
The procurement Specialist serves as a back-up for the site procurement lead and planner buyer. This role will ensure that you develop your hard and soft skills to become site procurement lead.
What will be your key activities:
- Supply of materials :Secure timely supply of raw materials, chemicals and production aids in order to keep a stable production flow.
- Supplier Selection: Identifies supplier capability requirements and selects suppliers.
- Project Management : Manages procurement and supply base related projects that contribute to improved supplier spend performance
- Sustainability : Supports divisional footprint initiatives outsourcing /insourcing (both Operations and R&D) including realization of local/regional supply base solutions
- Supplier Performance Manage supplier performance with Site procurement lead and Supervisor Supply Chain.
- Responsible for system accuracy : Manage and communicate changes to appropriate support functions for priority and scheduling
What are your strengths:
- Communication: Ability to communicate pro-actively, considering the levels of parties to whom the communication is addressed to.
- Supplier orientation: Ability to gear his own efforts towards needs and wishes of both internal and external suppliers.
- Overview: Is capable of viewing situations and processes over time, recognizes problems and systematically solves these with the customer in mind.
- Planning and organizing : Ability to effectively determine goals, priorities and time required. Indicates courses of action and resources needed to achieve goals
- Problem-solving capability: Recognizes important information, makes connections between data, thinks up alternative solutions and indicates consequences.
Required knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor or University level in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience within supply chain inside and outside a production company
- Basic understanding of MS office
- Familiar with Procurement concepts
- Good communicating skills, verbal and in writing in English and Dutch
What we offer;
Working at Patheon softgels BV, part of Thermo Fisher, means that you are part of a professional family in an international environment. We have strong core values and invest in the personal and professional development of our colleagues. In addition to excellent career opportunities all over the world, we also offer the following for this role (based on full-time basis):
- A competitive salary between €40k –€52k based on knowledge, experience and education; band 5,
- 28 days off a year
- 8% holiday allowance
- 5% end-of-year bonus
- Flex Benefit Allowance of 2,5% of annual gross salary
- Pension plan