Procurement Specialist III - Category Productivity
Job Title: Procurement Program Specialist – Mechanical Category Productivity
Job Code: OPS.PROC.P06
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale! Join 130,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You’ll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges. This includes protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe, and helping find cures for cancer.
How will you make an impact?
Operates as an internal project manager within the procurement team and across a global network of divisions, groups, functions and categories to ensure successful program delivery. In conjunction with relevant business partners, identifies, designs, and implements novel business solutions for Procurement. Leads project planning, business case development, management and budgeting. Coordinates distributed project teams and identifies key partners. Directs on-time, quality delivery of work products; leads implementation economics, risks and communications.
What will you do?
Scale of Responsibilities
- Defines deliverable structure and content; facilitate agreement of proposed solutions from functional, business unit and site leadership, site operations, and other key partners
- May run multiple projects at a time with well-documented and organized project management skills to problem solve and support enterprise and functional objectives
- Implements effective communication plans and deliver presentations to propose key initiatives, provide critical implementation updates, operational line-of-sight, and demonstrate delivery of value within the organization
- Monitors key risks and the impact of those risks on the project and through scenario planning
- Performs analysis to identify value through financial and options analysis, identification of required achievements and results, implementation plans and resources required to achieve and ensure projects contribute to the organization
- Tracks confidentiality commitments and clearances for the project
- Reports on projects, pipeline (with Group/Category visibility), and AOP financial targets, including adoption of a standard tool and processes
- Coordinates data inputs across the function to enable key reporting visibility and insights
- Uses business partner inputs and knowledge of existing systems and constraints to develop standard reporting requirements and drive process improvements
- Applies consistent project management approaches and processes, reports roadblocks and variances to project plan, ensure projects are on schedule and achieve stated objectives.
- Tracks and monitors timely completion of project achievements within the portfolio, plan vs. actual and report that progress as required.
- Orchestrates project governance, including regular cadence of PMO sessions (schedule, prepare for, run and drive follow-ups for key meetings)
- Runs overall project plans, track key milestones, handling overall schedules, budgets, resources, timelines
- Detects and facilitates issue resolution including appropriate actions to address program risk
- Maintains document repository and file structure as well as access rights; own cataloguing and monitoring version control on key documents
- Coordinates global, cross-functional, geographically distributed teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Coordinates with team members to identify and document resource constraints.
- Works with key partners to achieve key deliverables on time and within plan, develop relationships within the company to complete assigned projects.
- Integrates diverse views while participating in targeted content deep dive sessions to enable problem solving
- Collaborates with Procurement Enablement on reporting cadences to achieve a single source of truth for the savings pipeline and inflation
How will you get here?
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, or Science. MBA desirable
- Certification in Project Management is desirable
- Five plus years experience managing programs and project initiatives, preferably within a Procurement function
- Life Sciences, BioTech, or Pharma industry preferred
- Experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Category Management preferred
- Process improvement background (PPI, Lean, Six Sigma, etc) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Robust project management skills and capabilities (Gantt charts, dashboards, key deliverables, business case and baseline development)
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to efficiently organize forums and coordinate communication with team members
- Excellent communication skills for structuring ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with and present to Senior Leadership
- Strong proficiency in MS-Office tools (specifically, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations on and deliver assigned projects
- Can work independently, within a team, and collaboratively across teams
- Ability to lead matrix project teams of peers and other partners and navigate within a matrix environment
- Ability to collaborate across multiple sites and platforms in a virtual office environment
- Solid Financial competence
- Multi-tasking skills and planning for prioritizing personal workload
- Able to manage change effectively and frequently
- Ability to travel between 10-30% on an annual basis\
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits!
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.