Product Stewardship, Senior Specialist
Job Title: Product Stewardship Senior Specialist / EHS Specialist III
Reports To : Fabrice Chareyre, Sr Manager, LSG Product Stewardship
Position Location: Open for EU – Bleiswijk, Norway
The incumbent is responsible for Product Stewardship activities relating to the Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Sciences Group (LSG) product portfolio.
Acting as a topical expert, the incumbent will provide collaborative support as well as coordinating projects requiring in-depth understanding of chemical regulations and cross-divisional scope.
This includes conducting hazard assessments, conducting necessary chemical notifications and registrations, and communication regarding differing regulations to applicable teams.
The incumbent will also be responsible for implementing and managing in-house tools and software systems related to chemical regulatory compliance.
The applicant should have a broad understanding of global chemical control regulations such as REACH, TSCA, etc. and familiarity with biocide laws, food contact, nanomaterials, and international conventions. The ideal candidate will be someone who has an in-depth and operational understanding of chemical regulations, has experience working with regulatory agencies and thrives on working with diverse challenges If this is you - Thermo Fisher Scientific would like you to help fulfill its mission to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Provide technical oversight and direct support for all major filings (e.g. Substance wide Registrations, Authorization Applications, Pre-Manufacturing Notices, etc.)
- Serve as expert business liaison across the LSG
- Provide leadership and guidance support for the hazardous communication team
- Develop, refine and maintain training on corporate standards for meeting the company’s Chemical Compliance obligations
- Manage and deliver on all key projects supporting key strategic imperatives
- Provide regulatory support to internal and external customers including proactive engagement with the R&D teams to seek innovative solutions to reducing product and or process hazards
- Supports all Enterprise Product Lifecycle Management tools and requirements
- Assist in development and implementation of policies, objectives, plans and procedures for chemical compliance programs
- Contribute to calls for information and comments relating to chemical regulations
- Be a proactive and effective communicator
- BS/MS degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Toxicology, Chemical Engineering, Law or related subject
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years’ experience in product stewardship / regulatory affairs / compliance / chemical consultancy / risk assessment
- Demonstrable experience working with the scope of chemical and/or environmental product regulations
- Experienced in all aspects of EU REACH compliance including lead and member dossier preparation & upgrade, data access discussions, Only Representative management, third party service provider management, participation in consortia, ECHA activity tracking, compliance strategy development. Proficient user of IUCLID / REACH IT
- Has effectively worked within trade associations and/or sectorial advocacy groups
- Ability to read, interpret and operationalize chemical regulations
- Can effectively and concisely present information across various levels of the LSG
- Able to concurrently oversee/contribute to multiple large-scale projects
- Some domestic/international travel (<20% of time)
- Strong English skills. Additional language skills (European or Asian) will be an added advantage
- Excellent Microsoft suite skills.
- Critical Thinker
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating innovative solutions
- Committed to integrity
- Customer centric
- Familiarity with consulting and regulatory agencies
- Laboratory experience
- Ability to thrive in an environment without on-site supervision while taking initiative and leadership in areas of direct responsibility.
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.