QC Technician II (Microbiology)
Job Description – QC Technician II
Our site in Groningen is part of the world class Pharma Services of Thermo Fisher Scientific and we are looking for an Technician II for our QC department. We operate in a sophisticated and highly regulated environment. You’ll contribute to the work we do, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe! You will have a real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Pharma Services offers our clients a powerful platform for their drug development with technologies that are industry standard to state of the (including Single Use Technologies such as Single Use Bioreactors).
This type of facility has to follow rules and regulations of cGMP set by countries health and welfare ministries and with internationally harmonized guidelines that give guidance with implementing these rules and regulations.
Controlled production activities and compliance to cGMP rules, regulations and guidelines is critical for the suitability of the clients’ products and the license to operate for the site. Main contacts are within own department. The production activities have to be completed in an efficient and effective manner to assure the sites overall competitiveness. In addition, due to the very high value of intermediates and products, production activities have to be performed in a highly controlled fashion.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is within the Quality control (Microbiology) of Thermo Fisher Scientific in Groningen.
Discover Impactful Work:
The Quality Control technician contributes to testing and reporting of results regarding process intermediates, drug substance and plays an important role in environmental monitoring (including utilities).
A day in the Life:
- Actively participate in daily team assignments.
- Perform laboratory testing by ensuring standard operating procedures are followed.
- Actively keep training performance up to date.
- Support improvement projects in Microbiology/ molecular biology assays.
- Exemplifies professional behaviors as well as a quality culture mentality.
- Operates within company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Good interpersonal, analytical/problem solving and communication skills.
- Being able to work alone aswell as in a team.
Education / Experience
MLO or HLO degree
Affinity with microbiology required
Experience in GMP not mandatory but preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Flexible when priority changes
- General english verbal and writing required (all documentation is in english).