Sample Administrator II
QC Sample Administrator
The business site:
The site in Groningen is part of the Pharma Services of Thermo Fisher Scientific. We produce biopharmaceutical products for phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trials and for commercial production.
We are looking for a colleague within our Quality Control (QC) team. You will be helping in our mission to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer! You do this by taking part in our production and control processes to generate cures for the treatment of, for example, cancer, rheumatic diseases, and other immune disorders.
We operate in a sophisticated and highly regulated environment. We offer our clients a powerful platform for drug development and production using standard and innovating technologies. We follow international harmonized and region-specific cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) regulations and guidelines. Besides compliance with cGMP, controlled processes are important for our license to operate and for fulfilling the client’s need for safe and suitable products. In addition, also due to the high value of the produced products, the activities must be performed in an efficient and effective manner, assuring the site’s overall profitability.
How will you make an impact?
For the QC department a Sample Administrator position is available. In this position you are an important part in the chain of the start of the production process up to the release of the product and thus finally making it available for patients.
Your focus will be on the intake, storage, and processing of a wide variety of samples. Also, aliquoting of bulk samples and assisting with shipments of samples to third parties are part of your tasks. Additional tasks are related to assisting with inspections and sampling of incoming consumables and raw materials to be used in the production processes.
QC currently consists of about 40 persons. You will work in a small team within QC that closely collaborates with each other. You must be organized, and accurate and you are able to deliver high quality in a timely manner. Clear communication skills are important in your daily contacts with colleagues within and outside QC.
- Processing samples from internal departments, clients and external parties and booking them in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Aliquoting bulk samples under controlled conditions.
- Assisting with sample shipments to test laboratories, clients, and external laboratories by means of document preparation and sample collection.
- Inventory management of the samples, back-ups and retains within QC.
- Writing and updating procedures, logbooks, and other documentation in line with the current guidelines.
- Assisting with incoming material inspections, sampling, and testing.
- Contributing to improvements of procedures and systems.
You have / are:
- A laboratory education on MBO level (senior secondary vocational education e.g., MLO level 3/4, Laboratory Technician).
- Experience in a biopharmaceutical or analytical laboratory environment, preferably in a cGMP environment.
- Structured, organized, accurate and quality oriented. You have good communication skills.
- Cooperative and able to plan and prioritize your work.
- Able to read and write in English at MBO level.