Scientific Affairs Sr Manager
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $30 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Scientific Affairs Senior Manager will be responsible for helping the implementation of the Medical and Scientific Affairs Team strategic plan and activities for the Clinical Sequencing Division (CSD) at Thermo Fisher Scientific. By providing the most effective sequencing solutions within the clinical and translational research space the CDS is effectively enabling Precision Medicine across the major healthcare providers globally. While we want to continue providing and possibly expand our clinical reach by supporting clinical validity/utility studies and by generating in-country evidence as well as at the international level, we seek to ameliorate our understanding of the molecular diagnostics field. To that end, the Scientific Affairs Senior Manager will develop a strategy to sustain our Division's growth within the pathology and oncology medical domains. Collaborations with health care providers, and peer-to-peer medical educational activities will be another goal of this figure.
• Orchestrate our involvement in the Oncomine clinical research grant initiatives, offering expert scientific counsel, coordinating investigator meetings, and being responsible for program management.
• Play a role in crafting and implementing the Scientific Affairs plan to actively strengthen our business strategy.
• Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams, ensuring the faultless execution of clinical and research initiatives.
• Act as the primary liaison between our internal teams and external collaborators, including healthcare professionals, researchers, and professional societies, encouraging strong connections via a well-defined communication strategy.
• Cultivate enduring relationships with key opinion leaders in the fields of Oncology and Pathology, establishing a network of trust and collaboration.
• Formulate and implement communication strategies that efficiently disseminate scientific information, both within our organization and externally.
• Develop and implement educational programs within the medical realm, tailored for our internal cross-functional teams, and externally for healthcare professionals.
• Remain at the forefront of the latest scientific advancements, accurately integrating pertinent information into educational materials, including professional clinical guidelines.
• Analyze scientific data and literature to generate recommendations for product development and improvement.
• Collaborate with R&D and product teams to translate discoveries into strategies, driving innovation and improvement.
• Provide dedicated mentorship and support to members of the team, encouraging collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
- An advanced degree (MD, MD/PhD, or PhD in relevant fields) is required.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or diagnostics industry (including consultancy and academia).
- Previous experience in Oncology and/or Pathology is required.
- Previous work in clinical diagnostics pathology/genetics laboratory is helpful.
- Excellent communication (in English) and social skills.
- Critical thinking and the ability to translate scientific knowledge into business strategies.
- Consistent track record in balancing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- International experience is required.
- Ability to travel at least 30% but works remotely.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. And with over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, we empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.