Senior Manager, Procurement - Sub-Micron UHV
Job Title: Sr Procurement Manager – SM UHV
Job Code: OPS.PROC.P08
About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale! Join 130,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You’ll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges. This includes protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe, and helping find cures for cancer.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr Procurement Manager – SM UHV , drives the execution of complex global category strategies necessary to continuously improve the assigned categories of spend. Collaborates and leads a cross-functional team of sourcing, operations, technical, finance and other colleagues to prioritize sourcing initiatives, develops sourcing strategies, negotiates contracts, supports spend migration from incumbent to preferred suppliers, and manages selected supplier relationships.
What will you do?
Scale of Responsibilities
- Responsible for strategy input and implementation for complex and strategic categories
- Delivers key category performance indicators, including: savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, spend under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc
- Develops multi year global sourcing strategies focused on identifying and contracting with selected suppliers that meet key business category management goals
- Utilizes structured Category Management process to provide input into category strategies
- Analyzes market intelligence to identify key trends, assesses impact and refines category plans to support business requirements. Competent in category and supplier segmentation to effectively focus on key suppliers
- Engages and supports division/site procurement teams and other colleagues to qualify key suppliers & migrate spend from incumbent, poor performance suppliers
- Analyzes category supplier performance data to find opportunities for supplier performance improvement and to establish continuous improvement goals
- Leads supplier based business reviews with selected suppliers to drive strategic priorities as well as manage key performance indicators
- Represents and drives key initiatives with suppliers including Diversity, Sustainability and Risk Assessment
- Drives negotiations for global agreements aligned with category strategy
- Influences cross-functional colleagues(quality, technical, operations, finance, etc.) to ensure category strategies and activities are aligned to a common set of goals and priorities. Influence without authority
- Ensures category strategies and priorities are aligned with divisional business priorities
- Works with external supply partners and leads cross-functional internal teams to advance key business drivers such as supply continuity, quality, cost and operational performance
- Selectively may work to develop supplier strategic partnerships. Secures capacity with suppliers (e.g. tool/asset management)
- Collaborates with Procurement Enablement team to develop predictive analytics
- Acts as a coach/mentor to colleagues on category strategy process
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical field or equivalent combination of experience and education. Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years procurement/sourcing experience in mid to large multinational companies, with strong category/business engagement experience
- Minimum 2 years in a people leadership role
- Business acumen – knows how to assess market/business requirements dynamics and negotiate agreements that yield meaningful business value
- Experience working in highly regulated industries
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results
- Demonstrated consultative/collaborative style in performing sourcing activities
- Influences without authority to motivate and manage a cross-functional team in multiple geographies.
- CPSM or equivalent is preferred
- Hands-on manufacturing and/or supply chain experience is preferred
- Experience in life sciences, medical device, or pharmaceutical industries is preferred
- Ability to travel 25 to 50%
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits!
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.”
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.