Senior Technical Sales Specialist, Molecular Food Protection
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) to join our Microbiology sales team, who will be accountable for growing and developing our Food Protection business across our Northern Europe territory. As TSS, you will drive to increase sales of our world class workflows and applications with a primary focus on our Molecular Food Protection portfolio (PCR and NGS instruments & consumables), whilst promoting Thermo Fisher Scientific as the technology leader in Food Protection. You will focus your time on building long term strategic relationships, identifying new sales opportunities including strategic customer initiatives and nurturing them to completion.
This is a field-based role with a territory covering UK, Ireland, Netherlands, and the Nordic countries with occasional coverage across the rest of Europe. You will be on the road, travelling to meet with your customers in-person, 3 to 4 days per week on average, including regular overnight stays. You will also travel to support product demonstrations in regional Centres of Excellence across Europe. When not travelling, you will work from a home office. Candidates can be based anywhere within territory, but should be located near to an international airport with strong transport links.
Our Microbiology organisation is developing, and we guarantee an exciting position in an international environment ideal for an ambitious sales individual. Join us and develop your career with a global organization which prioritizes career development, allowing you to achieve your best – both personally and professionally.
We look forward to receiving your application in English .
What will you do?
- Promote our full Molecular Food Protection portfolio, workflows and services within your territory, achieving or exceeding sales quota and objectives
- Consistently and accurately lead the sales process, including sales forecasting, increased pipeline management and sales tracking
- Develop and implement strategic account plans directly and with local sales representatives, employing multi-level selling approach to drive growth in the assigned Molecular Food Protection portfolio
- Understand our customer goals, priorities and challenges so that our solutions are best positioned to address customer needs
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of food molecular markets, products and buying practices and use this to create effective strategic selling presentations
- Provide excellent customer experience by developing strong customer relationships and partnering with Product Management, Marketing, and Field Applications to deliver best in class knowledge and customer experience whilst providing on the field marketing intelligence and communicating back in a structured way to the business to assess new emerging business needs
- Work closely with Ireland Distributors to support growth of the product line
Who we are looking for:
- A sales hunter mentality, with a strong desire to close deals, grow sales and nurture new prospects
- Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology (preferred), Biochemistry or related field
- Experience woring with Molecular (PCR, NGS) and Microbiology Products, ideally in the food industry
- Several years’ sales experience in a similar role (life science sales)
- Ability to lead and mange complex negotiations in a sophisticated manner
- Putting 'the customer first' mentality
- High degree of technical competence & confidence
- Well organized individual with ability to establish business objectives
- Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills
- An advanced level of English is essential; other languages - Dutch or any Scandinavian language – are beneficial
- Willing and able to travel within territory up to 75% of working time, with occasional travel elsewhere in Europe as and when required for internal meetings and trainings
- Valid Driving Licence
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary, plus sales bonus and company car/car allowance
- Full benefits package (specifics depend on country of hire)
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us . As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.