In our Manufacturing team in Eindhoven, approximately 100 employees work in various production departments. The teams report directly to the group leader/supervisor within the operational production department. The production team's mission is to deliver systems on time, with excellent product quality to various customers. This is done by following the thorough work instructions, procedures and defined issue processes. This work is done in our high-end cleanroom. We work to continuously improve our performance by actively seeking feedback from our internal and external customers and through open and direct feedback to our suppliers.
The challenge + position
In this role you act as an assembly technician and ensure that system modules are built. Later you will also learn to build the transmission electron microscope and test modules. All this according to the wishes of the end user / customer. You have the primary responsibility to solve any problems at the module or system level and involve other partners, such as direct colleagues, troubleshooters, operations engineering or R&D. You communicate transparently in writing and have an active role during the daily tiered meetings. We are open to candidates with experience in similar positions and recent graduates who want to make their first career move. You must be driven by technical challenges both mechanically and electrically and like to a cleanroom environment. Our transmission electron microscopes have a build time of 2 – 6 weeks before they go to the next production step, called the Connect and Beamdown group. From there, the microscopes are connected, and all customer-specific tests and specifications approved to eventually go to our end customer.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Performs work based on work instructions
- Testing and troubleshooting of the various modules
- Timely delivery of modules with the right quality
- Working on continuous improvements of products and related processes
- Active participation in daily whiteboard meetings
- Independent detection, analysis to solve problems
- Working with high vacuum and high voltage
The candidate will have the following combination of education and experience:
- Secondary technical education (MBO) with at least 2 years of work experience, preferably mechanics, electronics (mechatronic)
- Good communication skills (written and oral) in both Dutch and English
- Experience with ESD safe working
- Experience with vacuum technology
- Experience with electronic measuring equipment
- Experience with Windows and other PC based software installations
The person we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Quality comes first
- Great teammate
- Driven by hands-on work.
- Can take initiative, is flexible and wants to take ownership
- Flexibility for changes, with a positive work attitude
- Systematic problem solving.
- Able to analyze and interpret physics, mechanics/electronics and software technical data
Of course, we all know a list of job requirements is like a wish list. Are you the ideal candidate, but you do not match all requirements? We are happy to get to know you and to discuss a possible fit.
- Direct contract with Thermo Fisher Scientific with a competitive salary, 13th month, holiday allowance and annual incentive bonus
- Very attractive 40 holidays a year
- A flexible working hours arrangement
- Excellent career progression opportunities within a growing global employer
- Training and courses available via our Thermo Fisher University to continuously develop yourself
- Collaborative work in an international environment
- Strong Team Spirit and many company and team activities
- This is a full-time position (40 hours). Working part-time is an option in case you’re available for at least 32 hours.
We welcome candidates that enjoy working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary, groundbreaking technology environment where personal development and team cooperation are key to success, to make the impossible, possible for our customers.
Diversity in our teams is an important element to build an effective and challenging working environment. Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement are key values that we expect of all that are part of our community.