Sr Manager, Business Management, Pharma Services (Commercieel Manager)
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
Discover impactful work as our new Sr Manager, Business Management , Pharma Services . This role is based at our Tilburg, Netherlands facility. Tilburg is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Pharma Services Group and focused on the development and commercial manufacture of Softgel products for clients in the Pharmaceutical and Consumer Healthcare industries.
As Sr Manager, Business Management in Tilburg, you will be part of the site leadership team and be the voice of the client, ensuring that we deliver on our Softgel commitments through teamwork and outstanding customer service. As a member of the leadership team, you will work together with your peers to ensure achievement of annual and longer-term financial goals and business objectives. You will manage 2 direct reports, both based at the Tilburg site.
This role will be site-based at our Tilburg, the Netherlands site. Occasional international travel may be required.
We look forward to receiving your application in English.
What will you do?
Client Relationship Management and Strategic leadership
- Lead Business Management Team and ensure team members serve as leaders in site business activities representing the client interests, while improving the sites financial position.
- Own the client business relationships, representing client interests and ensuring timely issue resolution.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities and drive teamwork across functions to support clients and achieve desired results.
- Lead all clients’ business relationships to ensure all issues are promptly handled and all communications are timely and accurate.
- Work with the site General Manager and handle the business in accordance with what we value, policies and our agreements with clients.
- Participate in and/or lead pivotal initiatives related to Softgels or the wider Pharma Services business.
Quotations and Supply Agreements
- Support Sales, Quotes and Contracts teams in generating and closing new Softgel projects and products.
- Review new business proposals to ensure alignment with financial commitments.
- Ensure that all MSA requirements are timely completed, including pricing, payment terms, renewals, yield reconciliations.
- Know financial obligations within the Master Service Agreement (MSA) and work with Finance to ensure compliance.
- Contribute to pricing strategy and execution across the network, for contractually entitled annual price increases and any pricing surcharges that may apply.
- Focus on strategic issues, including large MSAs and/or large potential deals.
- Support the R&D organization with development project issue resolution and change of scope pricing discussions.
- Work with customers to understand short-, medium- and long-term forecasts and drive demand management for the site.
Team and Talent Management
- Lead and provide the direction of the Tilburg Business Management function, ensuring effective achievement of the agreed goals and objectives.
- Generate and implement development plans for team members, as well as provide mentorship.
- Identify, attract, motivate, and retain outstanding talent.
Who we are looking for:
- University Degree in Science and/or Business
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree preferred
- Extensive customer relationship management and contract negotiation experience
- Successful candidates may come from a variety of different backgrounds: Strategic Accounts, Sales, Business Management, Project Management
- A background in pharmaceutical manufacturing is an advantage, but not essential
- Inspirational and forward-thinking leadership, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- A strong client and internal relationship builder in a matrixed organization, able to work with senior executives
- Proven track record to balance/maintain conflicting goals, responsibilities, and priorities of the organization
- Able to bring together different data points of information and structurally put together towards key stakeholders
- Strong planning and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in the English language; Dutch an advantage, but not required
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary, plus annual incentive bonus
- Full benefits package
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us . As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.